What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P30sk vs. VP9sk vs. P2000sk

Deputydave

What is your preference?

I've owned both the P30sk and VP9sk. They were extremely comfortable sub-compacts. I'd give the not to the P30sk only because I prefer hammer-fired pistols. But both were rock solid.

I have never owned or shot the P2000sk. I do like that it can be had in 40 S&W and 357sig. I'd like to see the P30sk offered in 40 S&W (with a 357sig option).

How about you folks?

K. O. B

Because it‘s in 40 S&W?
Nope...because it's MINE!

Plus when I purchased years ago, the P2000sk was the only offering on the HK menu in the "subkompact" department...yes in .40, I'm not fond of 9mm.

4.1v Lite LEM w/ GG SRS makes for a WHOLE NEW PISTOL when compared to when purchased more than a decade ago!

Not feeling the "batman grips" on the P30sk...to small to be effective. P2000sk grip to me is more user friendly...IMO!

Held a VPsk and it felt "larger" than my P2000sk and held like a block in my hand.

Can even make it larger with Solum Tools +5 magazine extension (13+1).

Last edited:

HK12Step

P2000 > P30 > VP9. ;)

Tony

I agree with @AGG 100% on this one. The P2000SK is the best SK offered in my opinion followed by the P30SK (fairly close second), then VP9SK. But I also like hammers more than strikers. For some reason the P2000SK is overlooked by so many, (maybe because it’s the oldest release?) the red headed stepchild, no love. But those who know, know. I also get it’s subjective and individual user based, but for me, it’s hands down my favorite SK and you can get it factory in 3 calibers. Can’t say that about the other two. That said, I still own all three models.....The P2000SK rides with me the most. The VP9SK is now the Mrs.’s center console gun. Maybe the P30SK goes with the kid when she leaves the nest? (Naw, I’ll keep that one too and let her pick her own.)

Deputydave

I also get it’s subjective and individual user based, but for me, it’s hands down my favorite SK and you can get it factory in 3 calibers.

That's what makes it very attractive to me. Having one in all three calibers would really be nice.

jorayr97

I have the P2KSK in .40 and the P30SKS in 9mm. I actually prefer the P2KSK feel/ergonomics over the P30SKS. I shoot the .40 better than the 9mm. They both conceal equally well.

jorayr97

What is your preference?

I've owned both the P30sk and VP9sk. They were extremely comfortable sub-compacts. I'd give the not to the P30sk only because I prefer hammer-fired pistols. But both were rock solid.

I have never owned or shot the P2000sk. I do like that it can be had in 40 S&W and 357sig. I'd like to see the P30sk offered in 40 S&W (with a 357sig option).

How about you folks?
There is someone on another site that has the P2KSK slide, barrel, and guide rod mounted on a P30SK frame.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1028466663.jpeg
    tapatalk_1028466663.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 23

Deputydave

Well that's interesting and unique. I'm going to assume that it functions without issue? With how good the P2000 feels I have no doubt the sk version would be fantastic as well. And 40S&W is a big plus :)

jorayr97

I don't have any knowledge of how it functions, I just remembered seeing the pics from the other site. I personally wouldn't swap the slides because I'm not sure how safe it would be. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Jslow

Contributing member
My preferred order of HK -sk’s are:
1). P2000sk V2 LEM
2). P30sk V1 Light LEM
3). Vp9sk
4). Whatever the new secret HK is coming out. 😁

Guyanaman1963

My preferred order of HK -sk’s are:
1). P2000sk V2 LEM
2). P30sk V1 Light LEM
3). Vp9sk
4). Whatever the new secret HK is coming out. 😁
I have been carrying the P2000sk 9mm with USPc mags and X-Grips, thank you at @jorayr97 for the grips.
The USPc mags made a big difference for my large hands, and the GG SRT did wonders on the trigger.
its easily concealed, but carrying an extra mag in my front jean pocket is bulky.
Its not really that bad, but I miss my 1911 and may decide to return back to a .45 either the USP45 or maybe back to a 1911… still waffling back and forth!
M.

Kissmethod17

This thread is pertinent to a specific question I have of the P30SK. In comparison to a P30's front strap finger grooves, does the P30SK's front strap replicate it to a T or almost dead on (with the pinky extension in place)? Is the "hill" between the ring and pinky finger grooves/valleys on the SK models similar to said "hill" on the P30?

In other words, with the pinky extension on the P30SK, for those who have both, do they feel the same in the hand in regards to the grip/front strap?

If I recall correctly, when I had a VP9 and handled the VP9SK, the SK's front strap did not agree with me nearly as well as the VP9's because the hill in between the pink and ring finger is clearly much larger than the others above it along the front strap.

rc51pete

Not a fan of the P30 at all. I’ll pick a VP9SK over a P30SK every day. USPC after the VP. P7 is definitely first. I’ve been looking into a P2000SK .40. One of the LEM configurations. Maybe 4.1?
The P30 & HK45 series have been a disappointment to me.
Still waiting on the new one to be released though.