What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P7 w/ Test Target Question

ENDER

Staff member
I have a P7 that was imported by PW Arms with the original test target and matching plastic box. It was refinished by Tripp Research and shows no sign of NDS marks. Did any of the police trade-ins come with test targets?

AGG

Staff member
I have a P7 that was imported by PW Arms with the original test target and matching plastic box. It was refinished by Tripp Research and shows no sign of NDS marks. Did any of the police trade-ins come with test targets?

I have seen C.A.I. imports (10/82 in the 44XXX range), and PWA imports (11/82 in the 47XXX range , and an 88, marked "Mod. 7", in the 77XXX range) with test targets--- but very few. ;)

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
I have seen C.A.I. imports (10/82 in the 44XXX range), and PWA imports (11/82 in the 47XXX range , and an 88, marked "Mod. 7", in the 77XXX range) with test targets--- but very few. ;)

Tony
But is there a chance my PW Arms could be a police trade-in? I can't see any BMI/NDS marks - but Virgil was an artist when it came to hard chroming.

Brobus

Staff member
PW Arms was an authorized importer of various HKs. They imported some police trade ins and some new in box unissued contract over run P7s. The new in box unissued contract over runs had serials in the 77XXX range with BW markings.

Attachments

• 4E4EDB13-84C8-43E5-987D-40AAC92FB8E7.jpeg
    4E4EDB13-84C8-43E5-987D-40AAC92FB8E7.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 12

AGG

Staff member
PW Arms was an authorized importer of various HKs. They imported some police trade ins and some new in box unissued contract over run P7s. The new in box unissued contract over runs had serials in the 77XXX range with BW markings.

Excellent--- even has the “Mod. P7” marking under the ejection port on the right slide. ;)

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
Thanks B - but back to my original question. Did NDS marked trade-ins ever include the test target?

Brobus

Staff member
Thanks B - but back to my original question. Did NDS marked trade-ins ever include the test target?
The majority of European P7s came with test targets from the factory. When the police agencies traded in their P7s, HK would then go through, replace worn out parts/springs, upgrade the fire control parts, pull the manuals written in German and replace them with English manuals. Many of the targets were with the manuals and were separated from the guns. You can sometimes find them on eBay. As a result, some police trade in P7s have manuals, but many do not.

ENDER

Staff member
@Brobus @AGG

With known data, does the serial number give a clue as to whether this is a police trade-in? Again, a PW Arms import w/ test target.

P71_.jpg

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member

Ahhh--- Nds--- none that I am aware of--- I have seen a PWA (2/95) BMI (in your SN range) with no date on the test target. :)
All of the late PWA imports (79XXX-81XXX) were all BMI (no Nds) and "E" (European release)
. ;)

Tony

Brobus

Staff member
Yes, I have previously owned 2 that still had targets with them. One NDS police trade Trussville import marks with the original target from when it was manufactured. The other NDA P7 trade in had a Sterling import marks, they added “15-“ In front of the original serial, they added green paint on the take down button to signify for something, and had a new test target dated when they refurbished the pistol.

dalbert

I bought my P7M8 that was advertised as a police trade-in 30 years ago in Shotgun News. It did not come with a test target, but I'm sure many such targets were discarded by the original users.

But is there a chance my PW Arms could be a police trade-in? I can't see any BMI/NDS marks - but Virgil was an artist when it came to hard chroming.

My brother and I used to shoot with Virgil and his wife Sherri (RIP) in two different IPSC clubs in Austin, out at at the old Hill Country Rifle Range. I bought my STI 2011 from him in 1994, and shooting it with him and his employees made for convenient return of the pistol (twice) for adjustments, as it did not work well at first. After the second return, though, it ran well, and has not stopped since.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

AGG

Staff member
I bought my P7M8 that was advertised as a police trade-in 30 years ago in Shotgun News. It did not come with a test target, but I'm sure many such targets were discarded by the original users.

My brother and I used to shoot with Virgil and his wife Sherri (RIP) in two different IPSC clubs in Austin, out at at the old Hill Country Rifle Range. I bought my STI 2011 from him in 1994, and shooting it with him and his employees made for convenient return of the pistol (twice) for adjustments, as it did not work well at first. After the second return, though, it ran well, and has not stopped since.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

First--- welcome to the site. :)
Can you post a picture of the right slide? ;)

Tony

Brobus

Staff member
Nice Chantilly fat trigger. I would guess the serial is in the 87000 to 92000 range.

Last edited: