What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parts

has-been

Contributing member
With the current uncertainties, rather than buying more firearms I have been concentrating on buying the spare parts one may need to keep what they have running. As I go through each weapons system and make said list, I come to the USP and guess what? Nada. Not a single part I can think of to have on hand. Mag numbers are already good. No other weapons system comes close. A few systems look like a partial/complete rebuild when I review the parts list. Am I missing something on my HK list?

Thanks.

Nra-Life-Member

What I do - if I plan on using a firearm I purchase several of the same. Keep the others new and unused. I now have parts should I have breakage or I just go to the new firearm if the original doesn't function and I have parts from the broken firearm .

has-been

Contributing member
Solid, but expensive plan. Thanks.

MSOGDAWG

Maybe just keep it simple if you havent already -
Springs (all sorts - mags included)
Extractors
Ejectors
Rollers
Locking pieces
Pins
Spare bolt or two ($ permitting)
Ammo - lotsa ammo (you can barter for parts or gear or food as well as defend & feed your family with it)

I will also say that I am far more prepared in the AR world simply because the parts are in abundant supply and honestly quiet a bit cheaper to stock up on. And no this is not a swipe at rollers or HK in general just a fact 🤙🏻😉🤙🏻😉

Just my .02

has-been

Contributing member
Thanks for the recommendations. While I wish I had a 91 and 53 to plan for, all I have to plan for are USPs. Ammo and mags are plentiful in the stash. Thanks again.

seagiant

I would not worry about it...

If the SHTF, it will not last long once they see it's now a shooting war, or...

You are dead! :cool:

has-been

Contributing member
In the immortal words of Kelly’s Heroes Oddball, “Oh man, don’t hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning” 🤣🤣🤣. Thanks.

seagiant

Hi,
Yea, Odd Ball also told Kelly,"If we aren't there, it's because we're Dead!"... WOOF, WOOF!

:cool: