What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked up a Sig P250

Deputydave

I posted this in the 'New gun' thread but wanted to include it in the Sig thread as well.

Picked up a Sig P250 in 40S&W with an FDE X-carry grip module. Has night sights but they are dimming. You can still pick them up in the dark but definitely towards the end of their life. Also came with six 13-round magazines.

51037089558_13703282eb_z.jpg

51037917552_295c0bb0d5_z.jpg

51037815011_73d3493492_z.jpg

I had a P250 a few years back in 45acp and kinda regret trading it away. I like the hammer-fired DAO P250 over the P320 personally. The P320 is a nice pistol but I just lean towards hammer-fired pistols. Not sure if it's going to be a HD pistol or maybe a woods carry/hiking pistol. It would make a dandy woods carry because it just isn't that heavy. I'll have to look into night sights for it, if they are still available, which may be iffy since the P250 has been discontinued. I may just have to go the Nitesiters route which is fine. I've used them before and they actually work really well. Particularly if this is going to be a woods/hiking pistol.

I'll also have to check into both 9mm and 357sig barrels...just because :lol:

AGG

Staff member
I posted this in the 'New gun' thread but wanted to include it in the Sig thread as well.

Picked up a Sig P250 in 40S&W with an FDE X-carry grip module. Has night sights but they are dimming. You can still pick them up in the dark but definitely towards the end of their life. Also came with six 13-round magazines.

I had a P250 a few years back in 45acp and kinda regret trading it away. I like the hammer-fired DAO P250 over the P320 personally. The P320 is a nice pistol but I just lean towards hammer-fired pistols. Not sure if it's going to be a HD pistol or maybe a woods carry/hiking pistol. It would make a dandy woods carry because it just isn't that heavy. I'll have to look into night sights for it, if they are still available, which may be iffy since the P250 has been discontinued. I may just have to go the Nitesiters route which is fine. I've used them before and they actually work really well. Particularly if this is going to be a woods/hiking pistol.

I'll also have to check into both 9mm and 357sig barrels...just because :lol:

Nice acquisition. ;)

Tony

Deputydave

Thank you. I really enjoyed that P250 I had in 45acp. Would have made an excellent woods/camping pistol. Should have hung on to it. Interesting story on it though; I had a Hi Point 4095TS that I bought new for $267 years back. Very good PCC and I enjoyed it. Got into a BST kick and traded it for a Mossberg 500 with ATI top folding brace. Traded that for a S&W semi-auto (forget which model). Traded that for something else and then traded for the P250 45acp. Found a really good deal on magazines for like $19 each. Traded it for a brand new HK VP9. I had a total of $357 into it at this point. Traded that for my like new Gen 4 Glock 22 with and additional 9mm conversion barrel and a bunch of mags. Pretty good horse-trading.

Went ahead and ordered a set of Nitesiters for the P250. The rear sights I've finding are 'new old' stock which means they're new but likely have been sitting on the shelf since the P250 was discontinued. I figure that's probably 4-6 years so any sight would already be about at it's half life. Not a big deal as this isn't going to be a primary carry pistol. Likely I'll tailor it to a woods carry piece. Although it's in very good to excellent condition I don't/won't have the attachment to it that I would one of my HK's or Glocks for woods carry. That way if it gets dirty or dinged while out hiking/camping I'm not going to shed a tear. Which is exactly what I want for the woods/hiking i.e. something serviceable but can be taken into the rough, sweated on etc.

The Nitesiters will work well for this role. I've had them before as well as folks in the SEP group that have woods pistols with the LEM sights. Give em a charge before going for a night hike and they glow for hours. Initially they are like 5X brighter than night sights then fade. If you've got your eyes accustomed to the dark/dim of the woods during a night hike then you'll be able to pick up the sights for hours. And they can be recharged over and over. The set I ordered come with eight 1/16th inch dots so I'll have enough to do the P250, G3 and hit the front sight on the 380EZ. Those last two are the wife's pistols and she could care less about actual night sights.

If I can snag a good deal on a 357sig barrel I may get one. I'll be on the look out for a 45acp X-change kit as well if I happen to see one that is reasonable enough to make sense.

Deputydave

I found out that Trijicon will relamp night sights for $19 per vial. However, they only relamp their sights. I called Sig and found out they use Meprolite. I found a video on how to relamp the sights yourself but it looks too involved to be worth the effort.

Sig and a few other distributors do have the rear night sight available for the P250 but they are already likely to be about half way through their service life. So I'm going to stick with the Nitesiters.

Deputydave

Received word back from Sig. My P250 was made Feb 3, 2009. I also inquired if they still had the X-change kits available for the P250. They do not. I didn't think they would but figured it was worth asking. So I'll continue to look around for a deal on a kit to make it into a 45acp. Also still looking for a deal on a 357sig barrel. Not really concerned with making it a 9mm as I have plenty of 9mm platforms. Must have been shot very little over the last 12 years.

Nitesiters arrived and I put them on the P250. Took maybe 5 minutes. Put a small bit of super glue on the backside of the dots so it should stay in place quite well. Just like the other ones, they charge up very bright then fade a bit with time.

51067150421_a85b7e9da7_z.jpg

AGG

Staff member
Received word back from Sig. My P250 was made Feb 3, 2009. I also inquired if they still had the X-change kits available for the P250. They do not. I didn't think they would but figured it was worth asking. So I'll continue to look around for a deal on a kit to make it into a 45acp. Also still looking for a deal on a 357sig barrel. Not really concerned with making it a 9mm as I have plenty of 9mm platforms. Must have been shot very little over the last 12 years.

Nitesiters arrived and I put them on the P250. Took maybe 5 minutes. Put a small bit of super glue on the backside of the dots so it should stay in place quite well. Just like the other ones, they charge up very bright then fade a bit with time.

Those sights are alien bright. :alien:

Tony

Deputydave

I wished they stayed that bright longer, but for less than $15 it works well enough. When your eyes are adjusted to the darkness you can still pick up the sights hours later but they are still pretty dim. But yeah, initially they are like 5X brighter than tritium sights. Very similar to HK's luminescent sights.