What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pietta 1858 Remington.

Nra-Life-Member

Decided to pull the trigger on a Pietta 1858 Remington Pistol.

Have been looking at an original 1858 Remington, but the seller decided to keep it.

I see there are conversions for this to use cowboy rounds. Converting 44 to 45 Colt

Anyone here use one of these or the 1860 Army?

rga44.jpg

Last edited:

UltraFudd

I bought a Colt 3rd Model Dragoon in the early 80’s and had a smith add lugs for the shoulder stock.

Shoots 144 gr lead round or conicals with a satisfying “whump” downrange. Rear sight is a notch in the cocked hammer.

That one’s for fun, but I shoot a stainless Ruger Old Army for matches. Not historical, but you can’t beat the adjustable sights.

Black powder gives a whole new meaning to “in the cloud”!

copdoc

BP is fun. Smoke and fire, just messy to clean. Some people that shoot often have their cleaning system down.

Replica early Japanese matchlock. No lock, linstock fired.

Replica Burgundian howitzer

20200724_080831.jpg

20211115_200339.jpg
20211115_195437.jpg

AGG

Staff member
BP is fun. Smoke and fire, just messy to clean. Some people that shoot often have their cleaning system down.

Replica early Japanese matchlock. No lock, linstock fired.

Replica Burgundian howitzer

Very cool. ;)

Tony

Nra-Life-Member

I bought a Colt 3rd Model Dragoon in the early 80’s and had a smith add lugs for the shoulder stock.

Shoots 144 gr lead round or conicals with a satisfying “whump” downrange. Rear sight is a notch in the cocked hammer.

That one’s for fun, but I shoot a stainless Ruger Old Army for matches. Not historical, but you can’t beat the adjustable sights.

Black powder gives a whole new meaning to “in the cloud”!

Love to see pics of your Dragoon!

I have been researching about using black powder. What to use for loading and shooting - and what not to use.. Don't want any extra bangs or chain firing at the range.

It was recommended that I get a copy of Lyman Black Powder Handbook and Loading Manual