What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rarest non-HK firearm you own?

Vinz Klortho

I had no idea it was that rare. I always assumed there must be a million of 'em if I could afford it. Thankfully it has a normal buttstock. I'll post a picture when I get home from work.223FAL.jpg

Last edited:

ENDER

Staff member

Johnny

Sako Mannlicher in win308
Serial number puts it in the early 1960's. Bofors Steel 20" barrel

View attachment 1513

View attachment 1514

tenor.gif

Barn Owl Lover

wXnMxMG.jpg

Definitely not my favorite, but probably my most rare. 1 of 50 imported. My 11 inch 5.56 Bren 2S (not MS).

Either that or my SPAS 12 in the super rare 19 ⅞ in LE barrel configuration. Not sure how many are out there, but I've only ever been able to find pictures of one other example.
Not my favorite either.

9ieiuci.jpg
Given that the HK433's future is uncertain (though HK it seems are still developing it), the Bren 2 is among my favorite modern rifles, in that it basically does everything the FN SCAR (which I also like) does, but at better value for money.

catinthefurnace

Given that the HK433's future is uncertain (though HK it seems are still developing it), the Bren 2 is among my favorite modern rifles, in that it basically does everything the FN SCAR (which I also like) does, but at better value for money.
I have both, and I agree except for accuracy. My 16 shoots consistently significantly tighter groups than my Bren 2. This is the one area that the Bren 2 has been disappointing. It's not just me either. Both are "combat accurate" though. This issue with accuracy (2.5-3.5 MOA with match ammo) does not give me high hopes for the BR .308 version that may or may not ever ship to the states.

Barn Owl Lover

From what I've read and heard, the newer Bren 2s are capable of pretty good accuracy for self-loading battle type rifle. Certainly about what an equivalent AR-15 can do in terms of price point. But then again, the new Bren 2 MS carbine has a 16.5 inch barrel (the European version of it has a 16.7 inch barrel), and it's almost a target type heavy barrel. Also, in fairness, the SCAR has a 16.2 inch barrel that's pencil weight, though FN even for their machine guns (like the M240 MAG and M249 Minimi) rifle and forge their barrels to almost match standard (and who else are known for that? HK...).

Though your comment has also given me a point to ponder. The Bren 2 for a similar barrel length is lighter than the SCAR or like the HK433 or 416. Could there be some trade off between max accuracy and weight (ie, is the Bren 2 giving up some stiffness or steadiness for reduced weight)? Or maybe also barrel length (the Bren 2S I believe has an 11 inch barrel)? Or, as I may've hinted at, though FN and CZ do cold hammer forge their barrels, FN are known for essentially using match grade rifling on MG barrels, let alone the SCAR.

Last edited:

catinthefurnace

From what I've read and heard, the newer Bren 2s are capable of pretty good accuracy for self-loading battle type rifle. Certainly about what an equivalent AR-15 can do in terms of price point. But then again, the new Bren 2 MS carbine has a 16.5 inch barrel (the European version of it has a 16.7 inch barrel), and it's almost a target type heavy barrel. Also, in fairness, the SCAR has a 16.2 inch barrel that's pencil weight, though FN even for their machine guns (like the M240 MAG and M249 Minimi) rifle and forge their barrels to almost match standard (and who else are known for that? HK...).

Though your comment has also given me a point to ponder. The Bren 2 for a similar barrel length is lighter than the SCAR or like the HK433 or 416. Could there be some trade off between max accuracy and weight (ie, is the Bren 2 giving up some stiffness or steadiness for reduced weight)? Or maybe also barrel length (the Bren 2S I believe has an 11 inch barrel)? Or, as I may've hinted at, though FN and CZ do cold hammer forge their barrels, FN are known for essentially using match grade rifling on MG barrels, let alone the SCAR.
That has not been my experience, and several others I have spoken with that own Bren 2's. They are not nearly as accurate as my AR's (even my ARs that are a third of the price). The Bren 2's are combat accurate (which I'm fine with), but decidedly below average for their class.

FN like HK knows how to make barrels for sure.

The americanized version Bren 2MS is in fact just a bit heavier than the SCAR 16 with the similar barrel length (16.25 vs 16.5) (7.25 lbs vs 7.3 lbs) And the SCAR's weight includes iron sights, whereas the americanized Bren 2MS's weight does not. The European version of the 16 inch Bren 2MS is even heavier at 7.6 lbs, but that does include iron sights like the SCAR. Hell even my 11 inch barrel military version 2s weighs a hefty 6.7 lbs (hefty for an 11 inch rifle) without mag. The Bren 2 is definitely lighter than the 805, but is still a bit heftier than it's contemporaries. You may be looking at their listed weights for their pistols which have no stock.

Guyanaman1963

The only think i can add to the rarest firearm is my Browning High Power, built in 1976. The rear tangent site is a nice touch.
A really good friend of mine fell on hard times and hit the bottle pretty hard. I helped him out, paid his bills, ran to see him at 2am when he was in need, and reunited him with his family members. He feels indebted to me and gave me the Browning as a parting gift when he moved in with his brother in NC. He is sober and has a steady job... I offered it back to him but he says he can never repay his debit to me both financially and spiritually. Funny thing is, I never expected him to pay me back, I forgave the entire debt the minute he stopped drinking.
I told him I would sell the gun the minute he started drinking again! :cool:

4A459397-5F79-4A16-BAA8-A038E31E73D3.jpeg38B6F2F5-D9C3-40C5-A27C-4354787DE72A.jpeg2DEBBDD3-449C-497D-B2A6-BE50A89CF04F.jpegB0736249-CB45-446C-A7EB-CBE958BCBB84.jpeg

AGG

Staff member
The only think i can add to the rarest firearm is my Browning High Power, built in 1976. The rear tangent site is a nice touch.
A really good friend of mine fell on hard times and hit the bottle pretty hard. I helped him out, paid his bills, ran to see him at 2am when he was in need, and reunited him with his family members. He feels indebted to me and gave me the Browning as a parting gift when he moved in with his brother in NC. He is sober and has a steady job... I offered it back to him but he says he can never repay his debit to me both financially and spiritually. Funny thing is, I never expected him to pay me back, I forgave the entire debt the minute he stopped drinking.
I told him I would sell the gun the minute he started drinking again! :cool:

First--- you are a really good friend--- those are difficult to find--- great ending to a sad story. :)
Excellent sample--- one of the most comfortable sidearms to handle. ;)

Tony