What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RE: REAL HK416D up for auction/not SF...

The other site had pointed out an M110A1 clone he has on GunBroker with the same serial number discrepancies (Spacing and font). It was stated in the M110A1 add that Engage Armament did the engraving on it. The only reason I will mention anything is I was asked by a prominent member of the HK community if I did the upper engravings in which I said “absolutely not”. I did a couple of the Brownells lowers for him when they first came out. Even my own personal 416 lower is slightly different than an HK SF. I did this so it can be proven that it is not an HK.

Brad4065

Here is my take on this:
koolaid has been around for quite awhile and I don’t recall seeing anything negative about him. I questioned some of his prices, but then again, I did that internally And did not feel it was my place to question him regarding what he thought it was worth.
there Is a lot of damning evidence against him and the way he dug in… makes me wonder if he was just duped or was he in fact trying to do the duping.
Did he get swindled, realized it and tried to recover, or was he unaware of the differences?
personally, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but man!!!!…. He never acknowledged that it was a fake or a misrepresentation, whether knowingly or unknowingly.
I will reserve judgement on this and see what happens, but I would really like to hear his side without all of the denials and counter accusations on his part.
I have no love for a swindle, but once again, I feel there is more to this than meets the eye.
M.
You have a very valid point. I did not state anything about who it was, because I only have half of the side.....not his. I'm not here to "bash" a fellow HK member, just want everyone to do their due diligence when making a purchase of this magnitude. You are also correct....maybe he bought an upper that was "claimed" to be the matching.....who knows. If he's on here, he can speak for himself. Personally, I don't judge anyone. It's not my place.

Cheers!!!!!

ORL-LLC

Yea, the Disclaimer covers a lot,

but seriously, No one else caught this:

"This specific one, along with the few others out there was originally purchased and imported as a Title II/Class III Single Fire Machine Gun, for a specific Law Enforcenent Agency across the country. After said specific agency decided they were retiring these guns, it was then reclassified as a HK 416 D SF, and subsequently removed from the NFA registry with the BATFE. It was then sold to a FFL/SOT was was able to sell these as a Title 1 rifle receiver on a standard Federal 4473."​

1st, Once a Machinegun always a machine gun, they can't just Take it off the books like an SBR
2nd, Once a Title 1 rifle receiver, you can't make it a Pistol

Lucy, you got some splainin to do

AGG

Staff member
Yea, the Disclaimer covers a lot, but seriously, No one else caught this:
1st, Once a Machinegun always a machine gun, they can't just Take it off the books like an SBR
2nd, Once a Title 1 rifle receiver, you can't make it a Pistol

Spot on. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

The other site had pointed out an M110A1 clone he has on GunBroker with the same serial number discrepancies (Spacing and font). It was stated in the M110A1 add that Engage Armament did the engraving on it. The only reason I will mention anything is I was asked by a prominent member of the HK community if I did the upper engravings in which I said “absolutely not”. I did a couple of the Brownells lowers for him when they first came out. Even my own personal 416 lower is slightly different than an HK SF. I did this so it can be proven that it is not an HK.
Nice to know that you do engraving!
M

Guyanaman1963

You have a very valid point. I did not state anything about who it was, because I only have half of the side.....not his. I'm not here to "bash" a fellow HK member, just want everyone to do their due diligence when making a purchase of this magnitude. You are also correct....maybe he bought an upper that was "claimed" to be the matching.....who knows. If he's on here, he can speak for himself. Personally, I don't judge anyone. It's not my place.

Cheers!!!!!
You’re good brother… but just to clarify, I was not saying anyone was judging or bashing anyone. :cool:
I think he was severely bashed and judged on the other site.
youre right that everyone needs to do their due diligence before making a purchase.

btw: how are you making out with vertigo and hearing loss? Everything improving nicely I pray!

M.

Brad4065

You’re good brother… but just to clarify, I was not saying anyone was judging or bashing anyone. :cool:
youre right that everyone needs to do their due diligence before making a purchase.

btw: how are you making out with vertigo and hearing loss? Everything improving nicely I pray!

M.
No worries.....I did not interpret it that way. Since I and another well known member here got "banned" for speaking <sigh>
I've never been back....at all, and it was a paid membership. I'm sure they crucified him as the devil, or in Mexico, the diablo.

PS The vertigo/meniere's has gotten A LOT BETTER!!!! I've finally been able to drive about 3 or 4 times this week without incident.
Thank you for asking brother!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!

ENDER

Staff member

M.
That thread is now nuked

AGG

Staff member
No worries.....I did not interpret it that way. Since I and another well known member here got "banned" for speaking <sigh>
I've never been back....at all, and it was a paid membership. I'm sure they crucified him as the devil, or in Mexico, the diablo.

PS The vertigo/meniere's has gotten A LOT BETTER!!!! I've finally been able to drive about 3 or 4 times this week without incident.

Cheers!!!!!!

Tony diablo? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So glad--- continue to recover. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Cheers!!!!!!
Dude that’s awesome! On the health that is!!!
keep on getting better brother!
M.

Brad4065

That thread is now nuked
Of course it was. What do they call that???? Marxism????
If you don't say what they agree with, you're censored. Some things I can see {i.e., bashing another member publicly , taking peoples money without delivery of product, knowingly scamming people etc.,} others....nope

AGG

Staff member
Of course it was. What do they call that???? Marxism????
If you don't say what they agree with, you're censored. Some things I can see {i.e., bashing another member publicly , taking peoples money without delivery of product, knowingly scamming people etc.,} others....nope

Sounds familiar. :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Brad4065

I'll post this here, as a follow up. Again, no affiliation/not mine/don't know him/her.

Supposed to be HK 417 upper. Whether it is or isn't.....I don't know, but I was under the impression that there were only about 5 of these in
civi hands.......I do not recognize him/her, but maybe it is real.....maybe it isn't. Just do your homework first. It does seem cheaper than I've seen these sell,
because a couple were going for $24K.

On another note.....someone called him out on the matching number 416 upper/lower.......he added that he couldn't confirm anything either way, but wanted potential buyers to know that it was questioned, and he wanted full disclosure.

Having said that.....he has a fairly good "engraver", given the other items he/she is selling.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!