What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCAMMER Sunday!

Brobus

Staff member
That’s right, today is Scammer Sunday and it’s time to try to take these Scammers down. Please check out the auction link below. This WAS previously a legitimate account that has been hacked by a scammer. If you see “Fullcharge” under the bidding history then I have placed a $10,000 bid on that item. Please feel free to go behind me and bid more to wipe out the Buy It Now. Remember, you will NOT be liable for paying anything UNLESS you place a bid higher then my $10,000 bid.

Last edited:

Brad4065

That’s right, today is Scammer Sunday and it’s time to try to take these Scammers down. Please check out the auction link below. This WAS previously a legitimate account that has been hacked by a scammer. If you see “Fullcharge” under the bidding history then I have placed a $10,000 bid on that item. Please feel free to go behind me and bid more to wipe out the Buy It Now. Remember, you will NOT be liable for paying anything UNLESS you place a bid higher then my $10,000 bid.

Not calling you stupid by any means.....how do you know that this isn't legit? He's got over 2000 reviews????
Help me to understand, and I will gladly outbid you by $1,000,000.00 <Austin Power's pinky finger> muahhaahaaaa!!!!;)

ETA: Because he's got this one too.

Guyanaman1963

He has hundreds of items listed!
His last review was 11/19. Prices look in line as well. I went behind you and did as you asked, but curious as how you found out he was hacked.
M.

Brobus

Staff member
Look at the item in the link that I posted above. The background does not match the sellers previous auctions. Look the location of the item in the link above, now go back in the seller’s history and look at his location. They do not match. Look at the payment type from the link above and his previous auctions. The descriptions are completely different styles as well. The listings time frames are completely different. This scammer hacked a legitimate account with multiple listings and then listed a bunch of his “Pet” guns in hopes of scamming others. There are some other red flags as well, but it’s hard to describe them in writing.

Guyanaman1963

Look at the item in the link that I posted above. The background does not match the sellers previous auctions. Look the location of the item in the link above, now go back in the seller’s history and look at his location. They do not match. Look at the payment type from the link above and his previous auctions. The descriptions are completely different styles as well. The listings time frames are completely different. This scammer hacked a legitimate account with multiple listings and then listed a bunch of his “Pet” guns in hopes of scamming others. There are some other red flags as well, but it’s hard to describe them in writing.
Good detectiveing!!!!! Makes sense!!!!
M.