What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I Bought a POF 5

evort

Contributing member
I have almost 200 rounds through it, and I'm very pleased so far. I read that using +P ammo was the way to break it in so I loaded up some Fiocchi 115g +P+ and ran 30 rounds down the pipe. My first round was an FTE which I expected because brand-spankin-new. Later, I had another FTE on a 124g or 147g XTP reload, first XTP, no problems with any XTP afterward. Yesterday I had two FTEs that were ALL MY FAULT.

Gun is great, the operator, well... :) I haven't had to adjust the sights and I've shot from 75 yards standing, no bench where I shoot. Gun takes any reload I give it, I load 9mm 124g and 147g towards the MAX side, I load XTP longer than the book says and towards MAX. I still need to run some Gold Dots, RA9T, and SXT.

I haven't had any trouble with the OEM magazine, I use it the most because I want to see if it will fail. The other mags are HK and I highly doubt I'll have trouble with those.

AGG

Staff member
Congratulations on the acquisition--- thanks for the report. ;)

Tony

evort

Contributing member
Thanks!!

I forgot to add that I cleaned the gun and lubed it with Lubri-Kit, making sure all the moving parts were slippery, before I took it to the range.

HKshooter

My POF has run like a champ from day one. The gun it replaced, not so much.
Good to hear yours is doing well. Pics?