What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SP5K Binary trigger

End Game

Can anyone give me a little advice on the Binary Trigger system available from xxxxxx Armory. Not sure it's proper to use their name.

looking for any info good or bad. An expensive modification but sure looks like fun. Does it work or is it just a novelty?

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

flybynt

They work, and have an lighter more crisp improved trigger feel over the factory pack, some people like them other not so much. The selectors are the main drawback, I personally do not like the right side retainer for SEF packs which is a basically a lever body with the lever deleted so its a basically a circle just used to retain the selector axle. Also there is an issue with the selectors on ambi pictogram burst style packs where you will need if you want to use them in an ambi pack where you will need to source spacers and levers to work in those packs as they don't come with those.

UltraFudd

I have the binary trigger and really like it. Once you get used to the pack and don’t try to overrun it by firing too fast, you can achieve a nice cyclic rate equivalent to a M3 Grease Gun. I’d estimate it at around 400 rpm. The key is a steady in - out of the trigger. flybynt is correct that the trigger pull is smoother than a stock pack.

In addition to the pack, you’ll need an ejector lever and spring. HKP usually has them and I use the German ones because they fit better in the Franklin packs.

You can put a selector in place of the round button on the right side. Custom Smith manufacturing makes one for the Franklin, and they used to make a mini-selector that pointed perfectly to your choice of S-E-F (2nd) shots, but may not make them any more. Call to find out if they’re still available.
Here’s a left and right view of mine with the mini-levers:
04B03B95-5959-4D2E-9B36-BB8D49564CA8.jpeg

6D20AFCE-C780-46D1-B537-4C1A45A01780.jpeg

Custom Smith selector lever for BFS III

Attachments

• DA3850B6-D780-402B-9AF1-1EFFCC2CE45B.jpeg
    DA3850B6-D780-402B-9AF1-1EFFCC2CE45B.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 1