What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talk me into the training bolt & some blue bullets...

NorincoKid

Any of you guys used the "training bolt" and the blue plastic DAG ammo for G3?

Pro's/Cons?

Experiences with those?

Thinking about going the scrap bin here and welding up a dedicated gun for that setup (and painting it an odd color so I don't mix it up with others).

Tailflash

Accuracy is fairly good out to 50 yds; not so much at 100. Ammo is loud as hell and ejects a good 20 feet away; velocity varies, and the little plastic bullet tip is exiting at almost twice the speed of regular ball ammo. The bolt face design will not allow the use of regular ammo as the base diameter/rim of the Ub ammo is a bit smaller. I used it once with my sear and worked just fine on F/A; there's no recoil at all. Still trying to figure out how to make it work with my MM21e; need to get rid of the bolt bump issue (when without rollers)...

Anopstyx

I use this alot at machine gun shoots with new shooters and they love it. Its definitely fun and cheap. Only constructive thing I can add is once the gun is hot, malfunctions occur frequently till it cools down. Feeding/extraction issues sometimes both causing the bullet to break open dumping gun powder into the gun.