What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those HK licensed Walther Mp5 .22 guns...anyone own one? A few questions.

Johnny

I purchased one of each when I got a smoking good deal not long ago...I only own a handful of .22s but the rest are handguns...so these are my only actual .22 rifles.

Does anyone own one of these as well as something like a Ruger 10/22? How do they compare with each other? Could these walther .22s be used for hunting small game if it actually came down to it lmao? I see lots of positive reviews for them and how great they are but never any actual good data.

(Edit: does not have to be a ruger comparison but anything similar will do.)

I guess im basically asking if they're good for anything besides plinking lol9C4D52A5-3B8A-49CC-84C1-0C2E287ED51A.jpeg

Last edited:

Tailflash

Good score on the two Walther MP5 .22LRs; kind of rare and I don't know why they were discontinued. I think I've shot mine just once but it ate all the crappy Remington misc. ammo and of course the good Winchester, Federal, and CCI ammo I could throw at it; never once a FTF or FTE. Seemed to be very accurate at 50 yards with just open sights, so should be a nail driver with a quality optic. I got this gun when they first came out; back then, it came in a nice padded case. If you can ever find one of Walther's A2 Stocks, I highly suggest you snap it up; you won't regret it...

There were just a few issues that seemed to spike my closet OCD...

1. I filled in the white paint stripe on both of the ambi selector levers; why couldn't they have done this? I used Testors white hobby model paint with a toothpick to fill in the lines; when dry, wiped clean with some MEK to get off any residue.
2. Those three annoying holes on the LH side of the Mag Well were quickly fixed with Walther's MP-5 Sling Clip Kit. Again, why couldn't they have done this?
3. There's just something wrong with the rear sight. I think I tried putting a real H&K rear sight on it, but seem to remember it not fitting for some reason. I ordered a Classic Army MP-5 Rear Sight and changed it out for a nicer flat black knurled sight as the one that came with it seemed kind of shiny/cheap looking...

IMG_6631.JPG

IMG_6632.JPG
IMG_6637.JPG

CIH8240

Can’t help you on this one but it is a great looking gun!

AGG

Staff member
Good score on the two Walther MP5 .22LRs; kind of rare and I don't know why they were discontinued. I think I've shot mine just once but it ate all the crappy Remington misc. ammo and of course the good Winchester, Federal, and CCI ammo I could throw at it; never once a FTF or FTE. Seemed to be very accurate at 50 yards with just open sights, so should be a nail driver with a quality optic. I got this gun when they first came out; back then, it came in a nice padded case. If you can ever find one of Walther's A2 Stocks, I highly suggest you snap it up; you won't regret it...

There were just a few issues that seemed to spike my closet OCD...

1. I filled in the white paint stripe on both of the ambi selector levers; why couldn't they have done this? I used Testors white hobby model paint with a toothpick to fill in the lines; when dry, wiped clean with some MEK to get off any residue.
2. Those three annoying holes on the LH side of the Mag Well were quickly fixed with Walther's MP-5 Sling Clip Kit. Again, why couldn't they have done this?
3. There's just something wrong with the rear sight. I think I tried putting a real H&K rear sight on it, but seem to remember it not fitting for some reason. I ordered a Classic Army MP-5 Rear Sight and changed it out for a nicer flat black knurled sight as the one that came with it seemed kind of shiny/cheap looking...

View attachment 1658

View attachment 1659
View attachment 1660

Nice work. ;)
To answer your questions, it's not an HK. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

MMissile

I bought one of those, when they initially came out[Umarex?]. If I remember correctly, it was a difficult gun to clean. I didn't, and sold it to a buddy. He did the same, when it stopped running.

Johnny

Tailflash, bery nice looking blaster...almost looks like a real one with the mods.

I agree about the rear sight...feels very plasticity or cheap feeling. I am definitely going to look into getting one of those sling clip kits for mine.

I want an A2 stock but they are impossible to find at this point.l..I have heard you can somewhat easily mod a real A2 to fit it though - I will probably just do that.

jorayr97

I picked up an MP5SD .22 for my sons 16th birthday a couple of years ago for $500. I got it off GB from Shoot Straight in Apopka FL. It was filthy and I'm sure the previous owner had trouble with it. I broke it down completely and I have never seen so much grime built up. Once I got it cleaned up it shoots like new. It's good for plinking, just never had the thought of using it to hunt with.