What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you get, when you cross a VP70 with a P7?

MMissile

South African Vektor CP1. These use a very similar gas-piston system as the HK P7, and are much lighter and pretty accurate. They also get as hot as a P7. LOL.
I've kept 2 of the 5 I've owned. The black one is my very rarely shot one, and the stainless model is NIB, and the only one I've ever actually laid eyes on. I managed to pick up a few extra mags [outta Alaska....go figure}, and an extra rear slide cover with an adjustable rear sight. I also have a factory embroidered patch and some magazines with articles, from back in the day. Apparently, there was some issue with them being able to fire when dropped or something......idiots and lawyers, so Vektor recalled and purchased back as many as they could, for a 100-bucks more than retail... making them pretty scarce. I know they also "updated" a few that I've seen for sale. I think it was some springs.

So, here's another oddity, and a very slick pistol....

101_1772.jpgvektor serial number.jpg

This appears to be very close to the stories I heard, back in the day....

Last edited:

MMissile

About 20-25 years old, and the trigger isn't bad. It's not like a P9, but it's okay.

Last edited:

MMissile

I sold 3 others, over the years. I get "on a nut" about something, and try to get all that are available. I haven't seen anything for awhile, to get all worked-up about.

Guyanaman1963

I sold 3 others, over the years. I get "on a nut" about something, and try to get all that are available. I haven't seen anything for awhile, to get all worked-up about.
I like them and will probably get one... one of these days. I think that stainless one in your pic is amazing with the red trigger and the smooth curves of the grips into the mag.
M.