What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do-Just bought an original HK94....?

Grease Gunner

While talking to a client the other day, he told me about a little gun shop he’d been to that had an HK94 on the wall for sale. So I got the places number, called them up and sure enough it was still there. Did some negotiating and now I have agreed to purchase a 90% to 95% condition HK94....so the question now is-what should I do with it? I’m torn on leaving it alone and putting it away, flipping it as is, cutting the barrel/thread/install a 3 lug mount, press out the 16” barrel and press in an MP5 barrel, remark it HK MP5, install a paddle release.....so many options. Part of me wants to have a couple nice original HK full auto host guns as I sold my real HK pre samples last fall to get my Fleming sear.

I hate to “destroy” a nice piece but on the flip side, I can’t buy one already done for what I’ll be into this one for. Such decisions.....

Attachments

• 31E51756-7C2D-4108-894D-2E5A084EBD86.jpeg
    31E51756-7C2D-4108-894D-2E5A084EBD86.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 0D729211-1525-4882-98FA-E154E44664A8.jpeg
    0D729211-1525-4882-98FA-E154E44664A8.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1FB84C06-57CA-44B3-A2D2-8177238B6C89.jpeg
    1FB84C06-57CA-44B3-A2D2-8177238B6C89.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 9895ECF0-27D3-4CDB-9D45-05FEE8F905CD.jpeg
    9895ECF0-27D3-4CDB-9D45-05FEE8F905CD.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 15

MMissile

When I get off my lazy ass, I'll be selling both of mine. Most 94's have been chopped up, already.......and my 2nd-rate clones have worked fine as hosts.

Brad4065

While talking to a client the other day, he told me about a little gun shop he’d been to that had an HK94 on the wall for sale. So I got the places number, called them up and sure enough it was still there. Did some negotiating and now I have agreed to purchase a 90% to 95% condition HK94....so the question now is-what should I do with it? I’m torn on leaving it alone and putting it away, flipping it as is, cutting the barrel/thread/install a 3 lug mount, press out the 16” barrel and press in an MP5 barrel, remark it HK MP5, install a paddle release.....so many options. Part of me wants to have a couple nice original HK full auto host guns as I sold my real HK pre samples last fall to get my Fleming sear.

I hate to “destroy” a nice piece but on the flip side, I can’t buy one already done for what I’ll be into this one for. Such decisions.....
DON'T DO IT.

Send it to me as a gift. We'll be friends, and I'll store it for you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HKshooter

The 94 is a collectible. The SP5 is, or can easily be, everything you want it to be for far less money. Today, buying an HK94 for the money they bring seems foolish if a guy wants a shooter so in my opinion the "what to do with it" question is moot. Leave it alone and buy something you'll shoot. I won't pay $5k+ for a gun only to spend another $1500 on it just to end up with an SP5 the hard way that can be had for less than half the money and do the same thing.

Grease Gunner

Ok I’ll bite-where’s the $1500 come into play? Adding a paddle release, and pressing out the old barrel to press in a new one? That doesn’t cost that much as I’ve done it lol

Grease Gunner

Well this thread sadly was for nothing. Went over to pick it up Saturday and the gun was as described-all date code matching inside and out except the stock (which I knew) I was getting ready to bring it home when I saw the damn near perfect date code A3 stock had a huge crack damn near all the way through the butt pad. That killed the deal right there. The seller wouldn’t come down anymore due to the crack and I decided to pass on the gun after seeing that. Sucked driving 6 1/2 hours only to come home empty handed but I’d rather have done that than have it shipped and then find the issue. Such is life when dealing with high end items like this.

ENDER

Staff member
Well this thread sadly was for nothing. Went over to pick it up Saturday and the gun was as described-all date code matching inside and out except the stock (which I knew) I was getting ready to bring it home when I saw the damn near perfect date code A3 stock had a huge crack damn near all the way through the butt pad. That killed the deal right there. The seller wouldn’t come down anymore due to the crack and I decided to pass on the gun after seeing that. Sucked driving 6 1/2 hours only to come home empty handed but I’d rather have done that than have it shipped and then find the issue. Such is life when dealing with high end items like this.
Soooo, it's still available? You softened him up? 6.5 hours put's you in Michigan somewhere? Asking for a friend.

Brad4065

It was in PA and it’s still for sale lol
I'm so sorry for your loss. However,.......knowing that, buy it, chop it and have it turned into a 10MM MP5.

And if you don't have a brand new MP5 10MM barrel/still in wax wrapper, that's genuine and never touched.
I know a couple of guys.....just some modifications needed. I could probably find you some mags too. ;)

Cheers!!!!
PS....OH, if you divorce this chick....PM me some numbers and addresses in PA.

Grease Gunner

I have a complete HK MP5/40 kit that is likely to become a 10mm just because I can....have the chamber recut and get an “High Intensity” locking piece then call it a day. I could use some mags tho as I have a complete MP5/40 coming.