What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the Grail gun in your possession/collection?

AGG

Staff member
I don't think I would call any gun I already own a grail gun because I usually only use that term for one that I still don't have and would like to acquire. I do have an unusual gun that is my favorite to shoot at this time. It is a B&T SPR300. It is a 300 blk bolt action integrally suppressed breakdown urban sniper rifle which is designed to engage targets out to around a little less than 200 yards. It is extremely quiet and very accurate. I can shoot small steel plates at a range of 200 yards with it without the need for hearing protection if no other shooters are around.

View attachment 438

I just recently sold a FN M249S that was pretty fun to shoot. It used to be one of my grail guns to acquire and it was nice to look at it hanging on my wall. I even had the titanium tripod for it. After a while burning through all of that ammo at today's prices/scarcity gets old and I decided to let it go to a new home.

View attachment 439

That B&T is bad arse--- should have kept the M249S. ;)

Tony

JJ308

While it may not stack up to some of those already posted, for me my grail gun/never sell ever gun would have to be my Expert in 45. It just shoots better for me then any other pistol I have ever owned. It's not bad looking either.

MMissile

While it may not stack up to some of those already posted, for me my grail gun/never sell ever gun would have to be my Expert in 45. It just shoots better for me then any other pistol I have ever owned. It's not bad looking either.
Awesome pistol. I have a 40....and won't part with it. I posted this thread as a visual stimulation for the lovers of this hobby. It's not a contest, and there's so many different things.....for different tastes. I love to see what drives people's brains.

Miami_JBT

I've acquired just about every gun I've wanted except for the crazy odd exotic stuff like an American 180 SMG. I had a Daewoo K2 and traded it for a Luger. The Daewoo was great, but an all matching bring back WWI Luger was something more I wanted. I wanted a Yugo AK M95 Underfolder in 5.56. I got one and it was "meh". Sold it and it funded my SBR FN PS90. I later replaced it spiritually with a Zastava M90NP 5.56 AK and it runs much better than the M95.

MMissile

Budischowsky PP-10 "Minigun" in 10mm with spare matched barrel in 9x25 Dillon, marked barrel tool, set up for and equipped with a shoulder stock. Only 20 total PP-10 built but no one seems to know of another with these 2 features. I guess that makes it 1 of a kind within 20. Serial # 004.View attachment 390
Awesome pistol! That company ended up being about 15 minutes from me, when they were making mouse-guns.

Renegade

Three guns I always wanted and never thought I would ever have - MP5SD, Glock 18C, VP70. Got the first 2, still need to get a VP70.

DRYHEAT

At age 53 we finally moved to a state where it was legal to get the grail guns I really wanted...

‘Grail’ Colt M16A1:
mFvzYWB.jpg

‘Grail’ UZI SMGs:
w60GhRQ.jpg

‘Go fasters' were a no-go in WA.

dirtyharriett

At age 53 we finally moved to a state where it was legal to get the grail guns I really wanted...

‘Grail’ Colt M16A1:
mFvzYWB.jpg

‘Grail’ UZI SMGs:
w60GhRQ.jpg

‘Go fasters' were a no-go in WA.
Wow.. now that is a batch of keepers for sure... absolutely fabulous.

Lamont

Staff member
For an open bolt compact SMG, the Mini is the shizzle. I am fortunate to own 2, one a Postie that gets used and a Pre-'86 DS that does not. Huge old school AWC can. The natural cyclic rate is pretty high, I was able to locate in new condidtion a factory bolt that had been lightened and tungsten weights added, dropping it down to around 750 from 1000+. The guy who made it told me that if I took the cover plate off, removed the wieghts, and reinstalled the cover plate I would get 1800 rpm out of it. I haven't tried that yet.....but with a converted Suomi drum for it, should be fun.........

dirtyharriett

For an open bolt compact SMG, the Mini is the shizzle. I am fortunate to own 2, one a Postie that gets used and a Pre-'86 DS that does not. Huge old school AWC can. The natural cyclic rate is pretty high, I was able to locate in new condidtion a factory bolt that had been lightened and tungsten weights added, dropping it down to around 750 from 1000+. The guy who made it told me that if I took the cover plate off, removed the wieghts, and reinstalled the cover plate I would get 1800 rpm out of it. I haven't tried that yet.....but with a converted Suomi drum for it, should be fun.........
Sounds awesome...

DRYHEAT

Yup, the Heavy Bolt in the Mini is the ticket. Thicker asst. buffers in the fullsize bump up the ROF to what ever you like. Great guns.
Now if these darn lotto tickets would come through I could get an HK sear for the Z-5P!

andrew1182

I don't think I would call any gun I already own a grail gun because I usually only use that term for one that I still don't have and would like to acquire. I do have an unusual gun that is my favorite to shoot at this time. It is a B&T SPR300. It is a 300 blk bolt action integrally suppressed breakdown urban sniper rifle which is designed to engage targets out to around a little less than 200 yards. It is extremely quiet and very accurate. I can shoot small steel plates at a range of 200 yards with it without the need for hearing protection if no other shooters are around.

View attachment 438

I just recently sold a FN M249S that was pretty fun to shoot. It used to be one of my grail guns to acquire and it was nice to look at it hanging on my wall. I even had the titanium tripod for it. After a while burning through all of that ammo at today's prices/scarcity gets old and I decided to let it go to a new home.

View attachment 439
We have very similar tastes it appears. I too sold my M249s last month and my SPR300 is still in ATF Jail, LoL

dirtyharriett

We have very similar tastes it appears. I too sold my M249s last month and my SPR300 is still in ATF Jail, LoL
Well you sir are going to love the B&T SPR300. I had no idea when I purchased it a few years ago that I would grow to love it as I have. I've owned 15 B&Ts and it is by far my favorite. If the M249S was not so easy to break by pulling back the bolt with the safety on I probably would still have it. I was just always so scared of accidentally breaking the darn thing that it took most of the fun away from shooting it. In the end I just figured that between all of that money just sitting there collecting dust most of the time and the fact that ammo may never be cheap or easy to get again... it was time to find mine a new home. I do miss seeing it on the wall though... damn that thing looked sexy... lol.