What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Are All of the Lady Folk?

Guyanaman1963

Certainly there are more out there than just @dirtyharriett. :unsure:

Tony
It would be awesome if we had more women on here, just for the simple reason of getting a different perspective on Concealed carry and the types of weapons women carry.
I have always found it beyond my reasoning as to why my wife refuses to carry the MARK23 in her pocket book...she has everything else in there! :sneaky: ;);)
M.

AGG

Staff member
It would be awesome if we had more women on here, just for the simple reason of getting a different perspective on Concealed carry and the types of weapons women carry.
I have always found it beyond my reasoning as to why my wife refuses to carry the MARK23 in her pocket book...she has everything else in there! :sneaky: ;);)
M.

Pocket book, or small luggage? :unsure:

Tony

Guyanaman1963

It has always been lonely on these forums... gun crazy women seem rarer than unicorns most of the time.
I agree and disagree with you at the same time. I agree its rare to find a woman on a gun site, I disagree that women are not gun ”nuts” for lack of a better word. We have women Pilots flying commercially and in the Military, in Law Enforcement, in Politics, and ground troops in the Military. I firmly believe we have to find a way to reach out and connect to them so they could see they belong here.
The days of taking a female to the LGS and putting a .357 magnum in here hands and saying ”this is what she wants” are long over and have done nothing to make the gun community more friendly and inviting to women... and to new shooters in general.

True Story:
I was at the range a couple of years ago, when the gentleman next to me was teaching his wife, a new shooter, to shoot... with a .45 1911 3.5 inch barrel. He was berating her for flinching before pulling the trigger.
She was scared sh*tless and did not want to be there.
She asked and I let her shoot my Sig Mosquito .22lr and she was pegging the bullseye at 15 and 20’ consistently.
Within 30 mins she was shooting my wife’s Glock 19c with similar results.
Her husband was annoyed with me... especially since he was a Orange County Corrections Officer that though he knew “what was best“ for her.
I dont know what became of them but this was just an example of what we are facing as a community.

M.

ORL-LLC

I focus on Woman & Kids at all our "Fun Shoots" with "FREE MAG DUMPS"

Have found most women just don't like the LOUD Sound & Recoil.
So I give them the MP5SD, or the 53SD and they are hooked.
The P90 was GREAT for kids as I could hold on to the front loop and the can "Point & Shoot" from the rear grip.

Then there are others that really enjoy the "Adrenalin Rush" as much or more than us men :)
I think more Woman & Kids have shot my 50 BMG than men.
But with the Muzzle Brake it kicks like a 20 ga.

Guyanaman1963

I focus on Woman & Kids at all our "Fun Shoots" with "FREE MAG DUMPS"

Have found most women just don't like the LOUD Sound & Recoil.
So I give them the MP5SD, or the 53SD and they are hooked.
The P90 was GREAT for kids as I could hold on to the front loop and the can "Point & Shoot" from the rear grip.

Then there are others that really enjoy the "Adrenalin Rush" as much or more than us men :)
I think more Woman & Kids have shot my 50 BMG than men.
But with the Muzzle Brake it kicks like a 20 ga.
That is awesome! Too bad you're not in Central Florida, my daughter, my wife and my two daughter in laws would be at your shoots!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Elkaholic

True Story:
I was at the range a couple of years ago, when the gentleman next to me was teaching his wife, a new shooter, to shoot... with a .45 1911 3.5 inch barrel. He was berating her for flinching before pulling the trigger.
She was scared sh*tless and did not want to be there.
She asked and I let her shoot my Sig Mosquito .22lr and she was pegging the bullseye at 15 and 20’ consistently.
Within 30 mins she was shooting my wife’s Glock 19c with similar results.
Her husband was annoyed with me... especially since he was a Orange County Corrections Officer that though he knew “what was best“ for her.
I dont know what became of them but this was just an example of what we are facing as a community.

M.
I've always had a lot of patience with kids and women, guys to if they will listen and not argue. With that said. A few years ago a buddy shows up to a friendly competition shoot with his new girlfriend. He tells me that on the drive there she told him she was only going to shoot her 22 pistol and rifle and none of the competitions. she really is a shy person. Well, I am who I am and went to work :cool: within an hour of them being there I had her shooting my AR. I took her off to the other side of where everyone was so it was just her and I. that took the pressure off of others watching and her being nervous, well, kinda. it took me a bit to figure out she was right handed and left eye dominant. that one kinda threw me for loop. we worked threw it. we did several little classes if you want to call it that threw out the weekend. the joke around camp was that Rich has Brit in the bushes again. 😂 end of the weekend, about 40 people shooting and 8 events. Brit shot all of them. she also got a 2nd place and two 3rd places out of the 8 events!!! she had never shot anything bigger than a 22lr. the one event she got second place was at 600 yards. she lost to me. I was her new best friend 🥰 I was so proud of her. her boyfriend called me bad names but thanked me and try ed to give me money. he called me bad names because she out shot him. after that, other buddys have offered to pay me to work with there wife/girlfriend. no money!!! i have worked with several of them now, I have one rule. no husbandor boyfriend can be there. they want to help and the fight starts

MJ1

YaQwhgr.jpg