What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to find furniture for my SAR 3/8

crazy11alpha

I have a Greek EBO Springfield SAR 3/8, I've included some pictures, and I have a few questions:
1) Are EBO SAR 3/8, HK91, and G3 parts interchangeable?
2) What is the deal with the muzzle brake?
3) Where can I buy accessories for my rifle ( e.g., stock, handguard, pistol grip, bi-pod )?
4) Does anyone have any tips, advice, recommendations, or general knowledge that they could share regarding this rifle?
I have heard good things about the people in this forum, how they're incredibly knowledgeable, so any information would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20210328_092955.jpg
    20210328_092955.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210328_093033.jpg
    20210328_093033.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Nehalem Man

1.) Yes.
2.) Yes but factory HK parts will be the most readily available.
3.) RTG Parts is my first choice. Gatewood Supply. HK Parts if you are independently wealthy.

Is your rifle a SAR 3/8 over stamp? Close up pic of the receiver would be great.

-E-

Last edited:

crazy11alpha

1.) Yes.
3.) RTG Parts is my first choice. Gatewood Supply. HK Parts if you are independently wealthy.

Is your rifle a SAR 3/8 over stamp? Close up pic of the receiver would be great.

-E-
Yes, my rifle is a SAR 3/8 over stamp. You should be able to zoom in on any part of the rifle.. Select the pic of the rifle touch your screen with thumb and index finger as if your pinching then spread index index finger and thumb apart to magnify and back together to bring back to original size.

Nehalem Man

Yes, my rifle is a SAR 3/8 over stamp. You should be able to zoom in on any part of the rifle.. Select the pic of the rifle touch your screen with thumb and index finger as if your pinching then spread index index finger and thumb apart to magnify and back together to bring back to original size.

What's a "touch screen"?

So the over stamp guns were imported in '89? Calling Tony!!

No one really realized it at the time, but Springfield was importing some damn good guns in the late '80s. Both the SAR 3 and the SAR 48 kind of flew under the radar with U.S. shooters.

-E-

crazy11alpha

I read that based on the serial number on my rifle, 07119, I believe it came into U.S in early 90's. These rifles definitely have an interesting history to them.

Nehalem Man

I read that based on the serial number on my rifle, 07119, I believe it came into U.S in early 90's. These rifles definitely have an interesting history to them.

That fits into the range of AGG (Tony's) data base. 05839 through 08984 (SAR3-8).

What furniture are you wanting for it?

MAC has a video on the SAR's.

AGG

Staff member
I have a Greek EBO Springfield SAR 3/8, I've included some pictures, and I have a few questions:
1) Are EBO SAR 3/8, HK91, and G3 parts interchangeable?
2) What is the deal with the muzzle brake?
3) Where can I buy accessories for my rifle ( e.g., stock, handguard, pistol grip, bi-pod )?
4) Does anyone have any tips, advice, recommendations, or general knowledge that they could share regarding this rifle?
I have heard good things about the people in this forum, how they're incredibly knowledgeable, so any information would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Welcome to the site--- here is general information that @Nehalem Man referred to: :)

1. Parts interchangability (yes)

- also includes CETME parts: https://www.hkproshop.com/forums/th...sar3-8-sar8-sar8hbcs-serial-number-ranges.32/

2. Flash Hider (presume that you are talking about the "opening"- missing the retaining ring)

Part 7: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/heckler-koch/rifles-hk/g3
Available here: https://hkparts.net/shop/pc/hk-91-g3-parts-c9/hk-91-g3-flash-hiders-comps-muzzle-brakes-c121

3. Parts and Accessories (HK and variants)

Available several places: (also GB and EB)

4. Other Information

- SAR3-8 imported 1989- early 1994
- Springfield Armory Customer Service (800) 680-6866 (may can provide manufacturing and/or import dates)--- please update if you determine

Tony

AGG

Staff member
What's a "touch screen"?

So the over stamp guns were imported in '89? Calling Tony!!

No one really realized it at the time, but Springfield was importing some damn good guns in the late '80s. Both the SAR 3 and the SAR 48 kind of flew under the radar with U.S. shooters.

-E-

Here I am. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
SAR3-8 imported 1989- early 1994--- SAR 3 imported after the Bush Executive Order of 03-14-89. :)
Purported requirements were: ;)

1. thumbhole stock (BISHOP, later BELL & CARSON)
2. pinned flash hider (though barrel still threaded)
3. “Accurizing Kits” were available (A2 stock, pistol grip, and HK-type flashhider)

Agreed on the other Springfield Armory imports--- G3, SAR3, SAR48, M1A. :giggle:

Tony

AGG

Staff member
Moving thread to "Springfield Armory". ;)

Tony

crazy11alpha

1.) Yes.

Is your rifle a SAR 3/8 over stamp? Close up pic of the receiver would be grea

That fits into the range of AGG (Tony's) data base. 05839 through 08984 (SAR3-8).

crazy11alpha

I would like to find wood furniture for it but it seems to be easier said than done..

ORL-LLC

I may have a set of WOOD for that.
Will send someone to look and post pics.
Pat

ORL-LLC

Found the wood, but not the set that still had the metal parts. I'll keep looking.

Not sure if this is what your are interested in, but if so make me an offer and I will post in in the Exchange area for you.

G3-wood-001.jpg

G3-wood-002.jpg

ORL-LLC

Just figured you might be more up on the whole TB/SW/CH/.....
I know his Brother had a side business for Parts called Black something.

OUCH.
Just did a simple Google search and found MORE than I even wanted to know

AGG

Staff member
Just figured you might be more up on the whole TB/SW/CH/.....
I know his Brother had a side business for Parts called Black something.

OUCH.
Just did a simple Google search and found MORE than I even wanted to know

A dark story. ;)

Tony

shadoweeone

Been exploring the site, and obviously late to the party. After reading the above I did not realize how "rare" (if I can use that word) the SAR3 no over stamp is. Only 325 of them?

I do have a SAR3 no over stamp that I purchased years ago. Good info on this site and page as I am looking for some "stuff" for mine as well.

MMissile

Somewhere, I have a sealed Springfield bag, with the "conversion-kit". I'll see if I can find and post it...

AGG

Staff member
Been exploring the site, and obviously late to the party. After reading the above I did not realize how "rare" (if I can use that word) the SAR3 no over stamp is. Only 325 of them?

I do have a SAR3 no over stamp that I purchased years ago. Good info on this site and page as I am looking for some "stuff" for mine as well.

Welcome to the site--- less produced than the G3 (secondary to HK lawsuit v. SA), but the G3 is more collectible because of the marking. ;)

Tony