What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which g36, pistol or rifle?

Klaus Von Richter

I’m looking at buying a Tommy built TG36 this week. I can’t decide on the 16.5” rifle or the 13” pistol. From the people who have experience shooting the G36 which so you prefer and why?

MSOGDAWG

I had a full sized G36 by Mike Otte. It was beautiful, perfect craftsmanship all around great. Except length, now this was my personal preference. I traded it but not before I got a G36C "pistol" from him. It came with a brace for a gearhead works brace but I swapped it for one of Tom's IDZ style braces. It is the freakin bees knees.

MSOGDAWG

I will try to get pics from my old phone up. But my reasoning was each felt exactly the same in recoil by my personal experience. So then it came down to me eventually shooting some suppressed and OAL for use and shooting it.

I am truly jaded by the NFA bug though.

Klaus Von Richter

I’m a big fan of SBR style pistols, I have two ump clones and multiple pistol ARs. I was looking at tommy built website. They have a TG36cp 9” Tg36kpar 13”, and a TG36ker 16.5”.
I like the way the 9” looks but I think the 16” might be more practical maybe.

This is definitely a gun I have been listing after for years.

Aeg15

Pistol route gives you more options. Can throw a TB brace or SBR it.

Sickboy

Pistol with a brace while you wait for your Form 1 to come back.

Lumbergh

SBR all the things.

Especially something never leaving ones collection, like a G36/36 Clone.

I prefer the "K", shortest practical length for 5.56 ballistics, "C" is cool but not optimal.

Can always shorten a K 2" with a "C" stock and FH.

Klaus Von Richter

I though he was backed up, has that changed?
I heard he was working on a special project so maybe he has it completed?
M.
He has a decent amount of TG36 listed on his site, probably the most I have seen in a while.
I received a shipping notification the same day as my order. Should be at my FFL on Tuesday.

flybynt

I have all lengths and make of g36 models and the K is my favorite. Its in the Goldie locks zone as its not too big and not too small. It isn't all flash and bang like the C nor does not give up all the ballistic performance that the C does. The C is dead sexy like a super hot swimsuit model but the K is more like a beautiful woman who looks good, whos company you enjoy, and you can have a meaningful conversation with. Its almost a nice to shoot as the E but more handy and almost perfectly balanced.

If you don't go with an E and don't want to SBR it then do the brace thing until Brandon directs the ATF to outlaw them.

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

I have all lengths and make of g36 models and the K is my favotite. Its in the Goldie locks zone as its not too big and not too small. It isnt all flash and bang like the C nor does not give up all the ballistic performance that the C does. The C is dead sexy like a super hot swimsuit model but they K is more like a beautiful woman who looks good, whos company you enjoy, and you can have a meaningful conversation with. Its almost a nice to shoot as the E but more handy and almost perfectly balanced.

If you dont go with an E and dont want to sbr it then do the brace thing until brandon directs the ATF to outlaw them.
Well said in a picturesque way!!!!!
M