What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, I really love the UMP

Klaus Von Richter

The more I have been shooting my UMP clone the more I have been falling in love with it. It is such an amazing gun. I actually like it more than my MP5 clone.

I could see how it wouldn’t be as pleasant to shoot in full auto. In semi auto it is amazing! I do not understand why it didn’t catch on more.

ENDER

Staff member
Classic Firearms just did somewhat of a side by side comparison with the SMG-45. Not a complete waste of time as a watch IMO.

I, too, love my UMP conversion. Do you run an optic on yours? I have an Eotech 512, and while the sight is not exactly petite, it works great on the gun. Like shooting a weapon in one of my kid’s video games. I‘ve had some trigger time on LEO MP5s, which of course is always a lot of fun, but I’d LOVE to try a full auto real UMP someday.

Klaus Von Richter

I, too, love my UMP conversion. Do you run an optic on yours? I have an Eotech 512, and while the sight is not exactly petite, it works great on the gun. Like shooting a weapon in one of my kid’s video games. I‘ve had some trigger time on LEO MP5s, which of course is always a lot of fun, but I’d LOVE to try a full auto real UMP someday.
I have a Holosun 512 on the 45 and a Holosun 510 on the 9mm.

I could see a full auto 45 UMP being unwieldy, but in semi auto it’s great. The full auto MP5 is like a sewing machine, almost no recoil. It’s a same the UMP wasn’t roller delayed.

xsefan

Contributing member
Wouldn't 10mm be a better kit? You can run 40 in a 10mm barrel