What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another polymer MP5 mag

MMissile

I would think that market would be saturated, already...
Weird.

EDIT: I guess all the clones and some new German guns need some love.

habe

I'll try some when they come out. So far, not a big fan of the AC Unity mags. My SP5 (only HK MP5 type I own) has a nice, tight mag well and steel mags (HK, POF, KGI Gen2) lock-up with no play. I bought four AC Unity mags and; two are complete no-go's for insertion (won't make it past quarter way on the fitment pad, two will insert almost all the way but not lock-up and, are extremely difficult to get back out. When stacked next to a steel mag, the insertion part of the mags is visibly larger to the naked eye. I have not worked on the mags (sanding) to see if I can get them to work but, IMO, I shouldn't have too. I would have preferred to buy 3 more KCI Gen 2's for the price of 4 AC Unity mags.

Ryo

I always read that the AC Unity you have to file down the front pad to make a fit. They should have just made it fit right the first time without needing to do modifications to it.
Though I love the idea of the window magazine (Big fan of Magpul's window magazines), out of tolerance magazines with no guarantee to work perfect after mod has held me back from buying it.
I have a lot of surplus MP5 magazines which all work great.

kong

There is a nice youtube video of Jeff at PCS discussing this. The AC mags are made oversized since not all the clone mag wells are in spec. If you have an out of spec mag well you can fit these to it.

ghoulardi

it's a very inexpensive mag, which is a big plus..........here the big thing I don't like about plastic mags; a whole lot of them don't have steel reinforced feed lip. so once the feed lips break or wear out, all it's good for then is to throw it down range and shoot at it.

here is the thing about MP5 mags, which I'm sure a lot of you know, the feed ramp that guides the rounds to the chamber, is on the front feed lips. once that wears out, hello failure to feed, resulting in jams.

the Bulgarian, Polish and Russian plastic/Bakelite AK mags have their feed lip reinforce with steel

but still at 25 bucks I guess you can buy a lot of them

I much would rather have steel mags. whether its HK, KCI

so I won't be buying those, you guys can have the ones I didn't buy. :) .......you're welcome 😆

Last edited: