What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK MP5 build engraving.....

ghoulardi

FB Unlimited is my FFL/SOT name

The “FB” stand for F@@king Broke!!!

And yes the CB is the date for “21”
OK, thanks.............I did the same thing I place my fantasy manufacturer name on things that I made..........I call my fantasy company BASEMENT ENGINEERING, because that is where all the magic happens in my basement :D

found a local shop near me that can make all kinds of metal signs, any size, you just give them a picture of what you want and they'll make it exactly the same as the picture, only it's painted on metal....it's a tough metal painted finish, about that of the military data plates I was use to seeing.............so I gave them something to make that I can attached to the MP5 drum I made,........that big ol' blank spot beneath the feed tower just was crying for something to be put there :D
Digital-Camera.jpg

NOW!, it finally looks right😆

Digital-Camera.jpg

Last edited:

ghoulardi

yeah, there is nothing to f%*# up, I went on MICROSOFT PAINT, made the data plate then printed it out check to see if it was the right size for where I wanted to put it. tweaked it a bit on the size, then printed them out, took it to the shop...........and badda bing, badda boom they had it ready the next day. :)

don't know what kind of equipment they got to make that on metal.............but I bet it's not cheap equipment

Grease Gunner

I like that! I used to call my machine shop BC Machine (Broom Closet Machine) as my shop is so small. When I went to get my business license, there was a B&C Machine on file with the state and it was too close to what i wanted lol

AGG

Staff member
OK, thanks.............I did the same thing I place my fantasy manufacturer name on things that I made..........I call my fantasy company BASEMENT ENGINEERING, because that is where all the magic happens in my basement :D

found a local shop near me that can make all kinds of metal signs, any size, you just give them a picture of what you want and they'll make it exactly the same as the picture, only it's painted on metal....it's a tough metal painted finish, about that of the military data plates I was use to seeing.............so I gave them something to make that I can attached to the MP5 drum I made,........that big ol' blank spot beneath the feed tower just was crying for something to be put there :D

NOW!, it finally looks right😆
and here is my PPS43 drum

Nice work on the drums. ;)

Tony

ghoulardi

I plan to make a drum or two for my MP5’s. Just need to time to do so....

yeah, found out many years ago, you just got to make time for the things you want to do....... once they throw in that hole and shovel dirt on your face it too late then

I bought the BETA 100 rd. MP drum, although it works and is well balanced I jut didn't like how you had to do a "reach around" to hold the vertical grip or go underneath it, there isn't that kind of "reach around" with the SUOMI drum

the SUOMI drums use to be cheap, I paid something like 20 bucks ea. or so at a gun show............but ever since the started to make LAGE MAX 10/31 that takes those drums, prices have skyrocketed to around 120-150 for one, if you can even find them for sale

Last edited: