What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another invited guest

Deputydave

Good morning everyone.

I was invited over here from another board and thank you for the invite :)

This year has seen me get into HK with several pistols. I picked up a P2000 in 40 S&W earlier this year that also came with an HK 357sig barrel. Came with night sights and was DAO (V2 IIRC). Very sweet trigger, very smooth. I was VERY pleased with how it shot and how accurate it was. This is my go-to woods carry pistol, normally using the 40 S&W barrel. Makes an excellent 2-n-1 pistol.

I then picked up a USPc in 9mm. Then I found someone on Armslist selling a complete USPc upper in 40 S&W so I purchased that. Then a friend on another forum suggested the 357sig barrel from RCM so I picked that up as well. This completes this one as a 3-n-1 pistol. All barrels shot extremely well and the recoil management is outstanding when running 40 S&W or 357sig. Had night sights on the 9mm slide, I added night sights on the 40 S&W slide. When I found out that Glock was going to be producing a Gen 5 in 40 S&W I had a hankering for a Glock 23. I'm not a Glock fanboy, but I appreciate the pistol for what it offers and I'm familiar with the platform having carried Glock on/off duty for two and a half decades. But when I found out about the increased slide width and weight I compared it to the USPc. The specs were fairly identical. Since the USPc was designed around the 40 S&W and since I prefer hammer-fired over striker-fired I decided to forego the G23.5 as the USPc had everything I wanted already. It's a DA/SA.

Then I found a very good deal on a USP 45 with seven magazines and night sights. I had been out of 45acp for many years as far as personally owned but I'm very familiar with the caliber as my duty pistol had been the Glock 21 (Gen 3) for almost two decades. So I snapped it up and WOW, that's one heck of a 45acp pistol!

I've had the hankering for a P30 in 40 S&W so I can also get 9mm and 357sig barrels for another 3-n-1 pistol. Also have a hankering for an HK45c as well. I'll probably get both somewhere down the road when the time is right.

Let's see, retired earlier this year with 29 years of service and enjoying life. (y)

I run a small discussion board myself on Emergency Preparedness. The SEP Forum

So I guess that's enough of an intro and first post. :)

AGG

Staff member
Welcome to the site, thank you for your LE service, and congratulations on the acquisitions.

Tony

Hk-USPC-40

Welcome Deputydave
Glad you like this forum & it's great folks
Not corporately owned
Thanks for you're service & info you provided to me before about the caliber swap on the USP Compacts
And yeah you can say Glock here without it being edited + S&W & SIG even though that could be ammo
I read some on the other forum you moderate = SEP
Need some paracord & will try Michaels, I have a rusted up knife blank that needs a custom handle
My new letter opener
Thanks for the great info
You should start a thread about the conversion in the Mark23/USP area with pictures
Gary/Hk

Deputydave

Thanks for you're service & info you provided to me before about the caliber swap on the USP Compacts

Hey it was my pleasure. I'm not an expert on HK products but I have learned a bit here and there and always happy to share and learn.

I read some on the other forum you moderate = SEP

Long back story on that. I've been a member of Glock Talk since just a couple of months after it started. Back when it was owned by Eric and not some Canadian company. One of the sections was the Y2K section. It was a ghost town and never really used. Y2K came and went and years would go by without a post. Then it was switched to the Survival section. It picked up a bit but one section to cover the whole gambit meant if you wanted to come back and look at a link or video or post it was buried. And for the most part it became a ghost town.

About ten years ago I was at work one evening and my wife called. She was watching a talk show with a doctor as the guest. He was on a team that would go into different countries after a disaster hit to render medical services. He began to observe the kind of stuff people needed in an emergency and wrote a book called, 'When All Plans Fail'. Sounded interesting so I asked my wife to order the book. It arrived and I read it and it made my realize how unprepared we were in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. I'm not talking the 'Doomsday Prepper' stuff like having a spider hole in your backyard with a ton of ammo. But rather practical, realistic emergency preparedness sort of stuff.

Around that time there was a forum called the Self Reliance Illustrated forum and it had it's own monthly magazine. It was associated with Dave Canterbury from Dual Survival. I eventually became a moderator on that forum and it was a lot of fun. But the magazine went belly up and the forum closed. About that time the Survival section on Glock Talk started picking up a bit. But GT has it's issues. So a bunch of the senior GT members that had an interest in that section started the SEP board (Survival & Emergency Preparedness). It took off really well for a couple of years, until last year at Thanksgiving time. The server the board was on got hacked. SEP wasn't the target but it was collateral damage and got wiped out. So I got a paid board and server and we rebuilt the site from the ground up and that's what you now see. It's a small forum but has a wealth of information and experienced members.

Need some paracord & will try Michaels, I have a rusted up knife blank that needs a custom handle

Micahael's, JoAnn's Fabrics and even the camping section of Walmart has 550 paracord available at good prices. I've wrapped some of my knives and I think I have pics on the board.

ou should start a thread about the conversion in the Mark23/USP area with pictures

I'll do that :)

Hk-USPC-40

You are most Welcome Sir!!
Will have a good look at that paracord wrapping thread
Have that knife out rusting in the rain right now
Get some cord & wrap it up then just put the edge back on
I will post about it in the knife thread with pics

Lamont

Staff member
It's a small forum but has a wealth of information and experienced members.
Pretty much what we had in mind for this place, and it's early days but it's shaping up nicely due to the right people getting invites to participate, and them agreeing with our shared vision as to how to improve something we all participated in but enjoyed less and less as time went by. Just like when a couple breaks up and one side files for divorce, that side filing often already had someplace (someone) else to go to....but until then.....they stay, even though it sucks, because having nothing might be worse.....

Well, now you have a place to come to. HKProshop is where you go when you've been around for a while in the H&K world (and elsewhere as well) and you've had enough of her shit.

AGG

Staff member
Pretty much what we had in mind for this place, and it's early days but it's shaping up nicely due to the right people getting invites to participate, and them agreeing with our shared vision as to how to improve something we all participated in but enjoyed less and less as time went by. Just like when a couple breaks up and one side files for divorce, that side filing often already had someplace (someone) else to go to....but until then.....they stay, even though it sucks, because having nothing might be worse.....

Well, now you have a place to come to. HKProshop is where you go when you've been around for a while in the H&K world (and elsewhere as well) and you've had enough of her shit.

LMAO--- tru dat. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Brad4065

Well said @Lamont !!!!!!!!!!!