What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad news - ATF is banning the import of MR223

Johnny

This is the worst news the gun world has seen in awhile :(

Johnny

If there was already a thread on this please delete, I couldn't find one

Lamont

Staff member
I can't believe they were letting people take the stock off a rifle in Germany, apply for a Form 6 calling it a pistol, and getting them approved for import. Some things you gotta know better than to do, even if others are doing it.

Nra-Life-Member

I thought HK was building the rifles in the USA? So are we only talking a short barrel rifle (or pistol) was being imported?

I'll be the 1st to admit I have no idea how imports work - all I know is that it can get expensive..

Lamont

Staff member
I thought HK was building the rifles in the USA? So are we only talking a short barrel rifle (or pistol) was being imported?

I'll be the 1st to admit I have no idea how imports work - all I know is that it can get expensive..
Imported barrel lengths of both under 16" and over 16" have been sold on GB for a while. Germany has no SBR thing, they are all rifles there.

Guyanaman1963

The whole thing is a crap show! HK manuf them as rifles. AU took the stock off and said it was a pistol like @Lamont said.
Years later, HK USA complained to the ATF, who questioned the import and asked HKGMBH if it was manufactured as a pistol and they stated Nope… a rifle. ATF has now stated its a rifle and cannot be imported.
Im surprised it was allowed to run as long as it has. Im sad that we cant get them… but honestly… look at the markup on these rifles… it’s astronomical!!! I cant afford it, so no skin off my butt, but still, it sucks that we cannot get these rifles now.
I understand that importers are in this for the $$$’s but look at the price of P8A1… The Attic has them for $999.00 … what a drop in price! Sorry @Brad4065 :cry:
That group buy on the other forum, dropped his price to like 1300, but still, everyone is looking for a deal… so now you fork over 300.00 bucks more?
That same individual had to cancel his group buy for MR223’s because of the ATF ruling! Im not saying anything bad about him, so please dont misunderstand me.
I wanted to buy a MR762 and convert it over to a G28… but damn those prices!!! Maybe I will just buy one of @GuntherRommel LMT’s… I hear he does Lay Away!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks,
M.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad4065

The whole thing is a crap show! HK manuf them as rifles. AU took the stock off and said it was a pistol like @Lamont said.
Years later, HK USA complained to the ATF, who questioned the import and asked HKGMBH if it was manufactured as a pistol and they stated Nope… a rifle. ATF has now stated its a rifle and cannot be imported.
Im surprised it was allowed to run as long as it has. Im sad that we cant get them… but honestly… look at the markup on these rifles… it’s astronomical!!! I cant afford it, so no skin off my butt, but still, it sucks that we cannot get these rifles now.
I understand that importers are in this for the $$$’s but look at the price of P8A1… The Attic has them for $999.00 … what a drop in price! Sorry @Brad4065 :cry:
That group buy on the other forum, dropped his price to like 1300, but still, everyone is looking for a deal… so now you fork over 300.00 bucks more?
That same individual had to cancel his group buy for MR223’s because of the ATF ruling! Im not saying anything bad about him, so please dont misunderstand Me.
I wanted to buy a MR762 and convert it over to a G28… but damn those prices!!! Maybe I will just buy one of @GuntherRommel LMT’s… I hear he does Lay Away!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks,
M.
^^^^^^^ you're spot on the money. It's a crock of sh$t.

Oh........fortunately, I held off on the purchase of the P8A1, with some great advice from @Lamont

So yeah.....I saved a few hundred bucks.;)

Cheers!!!!

Lamont

Staff member
"Group buys" have always been a crock when it's people ponying up $$ for a gun that the group buy operator does not even own, in a foreign country, that hasn't even been approved for import. "Customer financed commerce" is what a Group Buy really is. It was true for Marc Wagner, as everyone wouldn't listen found out the hard way. "It's OK Marc, we love you, we trust you, we don't believe what :thebadlamont: is saying about you".......hoping that he would fuck them last. THAT is why when someone tried to resurrect that poison on this site, they were turfed. LOL, THEY didn't even have an Importer's license, they were going to use someone else's, which even if it had worked would have had all those guns in someone's hands other than the purveyor of the "concept" on this end of the pipeline, and another bite taken. Of course "that would never have gone wrong", when in fact it was just another way that it could have. In support of that statement, it's worth noting that my Italian exporter will no longer do business with that 08 FFL for reasons that aren't relevant at the moment. BUT they were also prevented from becoming so for our membership by this policy. It sounds as if the concept became problematic, AGAIN, elsewhere.....they were NEVER going to be able to bring the resources to bear that "The Attic" could, hence never able to match, never mind beat, his price. And then there's "the market", which no one not even he can control. Supply/demand.

There will always be people trying to take advantage while pretending that they are not. And that "may" be, but there is only one way to be sure that NEVER arises. And that is to never indulge it. It was one of the "founding principles" if you will, of ProShop. Every once in a while, a new elephant will try to get it's trunk under the tent flap. To take advantage. "If there's any doubt there is no doubt". We don't do the commercial thing here. We don't do this for the money, or we'd be taking $1k+ to let people have their own threads where they can erase or edit out customer complaints, "as elsewhere". $12K guns that won't run and can't be made to. Fuck that. The way to live that is not to take any, not to tell one's self that the slope is not slippery. Here we allow members, for a very reasonable fee that covers the costs of running the site, to not only have a small, non-voting stake in the site, but to sell personal stuff at a low level, because it's a natural thing for guys to be able to indulge that aspect of our collective enthusiasm for H&K stuff. The cognisciti will always have stuff that is not available in commercial numbers, and we'd like to keep that in the family, no? The most recent "ejectee" was warned, did it again, and then immediately showed their true colors when advised that their game was up. This is easily seen. "What a deal, $50 instead of $1K". Nope. It is what it is. He's free to pay that $1K. Elsewhere.

It's all the same, if one can see it.

Johnny

That same individual had to cancel his group buy for MR223’s because of the ATF ruling! Im not saying anything bad about him, so please dont misunderstand me.

Thanks,
M.

If true that was kind of a shitty thing for HK-USA to do

Guyanaman1963

HK-USA doesn't do anything that Oberndorf doesn't tell them to.
Thats what puzzles me. A parent company and a subsidiary company that has conflicts? I read on a different site that HKUSA and HK Germany has a contentious relationship…. I have a problem grasping that. I mean, If I have a contentious relationship with ”MY” boss… chances are, I will be looking for a new job… one way or the other!
M.

Lamont

Staff member
Thats what puzzles me. A parent company and a subsidiary company that has conflicts? I read on a different site that HKUSA and HK Germany has a contentious relationship…. I have a problem grasping that. I mean, If I have a contentious relationship with ”MY” boss… chances are, I will be looking for a new job… one way or the other!
M.
HK-USA would love to do things that Oberndorf will not allow. :coughMP7pistolcoughcough:

Johnny

15k for a semi auto AR...!@#$%