What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buyers Beware

ENDER

Staff member
We are not immune here to the efforts of scammers. If you post a want to buy ad - be very leery of any unrecognized sellers that are asking that you text them. Do your due diligence. Ask for recent photos or even a Face Time session if possible to validate possession of the item in question. Ask for accounts with feedback on other forums/auction sites.

While the forum anti spam software is good and relegates over 50 bogus accounts a month to the depths of Hades - some do succeed. I banned someone yesterday thanks to the detective work of @Hk-USPC-40

We understand that this site is still relatively new and the data points afforded by the feedback system are sparse, but we are grateful to have it and feel that in time - it will be a valuable tool.

Please stay vigilant and either report suspicious posts or message a mod/staff member with any concerns.

Hk-USPC-40

I just googled his phone number

That Scammer has been at this for a while now..

A photo of the item with todays news paper would be one way..

I have that item Text Me..

When I saw the same reply twice in the same day the guy joined it was apparent to me..

Makes you wish we had a way to retaliate against the Scam Risk

Use the REPORT BUTTON, It works..

Thanks ENDER for the quick expulsion of the traitor..

AGG

Staff member
I just googled his phone number

That Scammer has been at this for a while now..

A photo of the item with todays news paper would be one way..

I have that item Text Me..

When I saw the same reply twice in the same day the guy joined it was apparent to me..

Makes you wish we had a way to retaliate against the Scam Risk

Use the REPORT BUTTON, It works..

Thanks ENDER for the quick expulsion of the traitor..

Thanks for your diligence and assistance. :)

Tony

HotelKilo

I feel like the scammers are easy to spot and am quite surprised at how many guys come around naming scammers who ripped them off.

Guyanaman1963

I feel like the scammers are easy to spot and am quite surprised at how many guys come around naming scammers who ripped them off.
I came across some that were new sellers (NR) on GB that I was suspect because of pricing and the gun being offered... a friend of mine bought a P9s for $700 and change... pristine condition no box.... turns out it was legit, but a lot of nail biting until it was in his hands.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, I agree with you but they are some legit guys out there that have no feed back and are forced to sell low just because.
M.

Guyanaman1963

I’ve reached the point where I almost never buy from unknown sellers...
I cant say that I blame you. They are ways if the new seller has something that you really want, but yeah... I cant blame you one bit!
I used to be a new seller with no ratings. It was rough making that first sale, but I did. I also know I am an honest man but not everyone out there is... go figure!
M.

HotelKilo

I came across some that were new sellers (NR) on GB that I was suspect because of pricing and the gun being offered... a friend of mine bought a P9s for $700 and change... pristine condition no box.... turns out it was legit, but a lot of nail biting until it was in his hands.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, I agree with you but they are some legit guys out there that have no feed back and are forced to sell low just because.
M.
Some of them have requirements that you PayPal money to a third party and other bizarre requirements. I can't imagine getting caught up in that. Like that guy on here who has a dealer with great pricing on hard to find pieces and all and called everyone 'buddy'.

Vinz Klortho

So there's a known scam website called Opticsandmmo dot com. I'm not even going to post a live link to it.
Danger Will Robinson!! Full-on thievery based in Houston, TX.
I will post a link to thread about it from ARFdotCom.
Site owner seems like a real piece of work.

AGG

Staff member
So there's a known scam website called Opticsandmmo dot com. I'm not even going to post a live link to it.
Danger Will Robinson!! Full-on thievery based in Houston, TX.
I will post a link to thread about it from ARFdotCom.
Site owner seems like a real piece of work.

Thanks for the heads up. ;)
What's the gist--- no delivery/misrepresentation of products? :unsure:

Tony