What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BW20

flybynt

hi BW21 is not the update versions of BW20 . Both are different rifles
both are roller delayed in 762x51
Awesome to hear from the designer of the rifle. I hope to both hear and see more about this rifle.

Anything more you can share?

Blackwing

Yes, how were you able to overcome the specific geometry of the FCG in relation to the ejector arm upward rotation to allow room for a BHO device? I know you don't have to use the standard FCG but for use in the US the FCG must remain as-is for use with registered HK sear devices. Did you go more with the standard AR style lower parts? I have pondered this geometry with many attempts on the AXEX weapon design and there is just no internal room.

AGG

Staff member
@Blackwing & @ENDER thank you . Yes I designed the two rifles.
bw21 platform is Ar style with similar ergonomics . However it does not uses the same upper & lower receiver. It’s upper & lower receiver internal and external design are different. the one in the video has a G3 mag . However in next version it has an Ar style mag well & mag so bolt hold open is incorporated in the design .
bw20 has a sheet metal receiver, in-line stock, improved buffer , some improvements to the BCG group , lower that has a new trigger group and mag well . Lower will be polymer with steel reinforcements in final production products. Stock is adjustable with with a cheek piece which can be changed as per requirement. It comes in 12 14 16 and 20 inch barrel length .

Amazing--- glad that you are here. :)
Thanks for the details. ;)

Tony

SalmanAli

@ENDER roller delayed blowback is a very good mechanism and should not end up as a forgotten weapon system . and yes eventually it will be exported the semi Auto versions of BW20 and BW21 designated Cw20 and cw21 respectively

@flybynt thank You glad to be here . I will you you posted as and when some thing comes up

@Blackwing well the 21 does not use the same type of ejector that is used in g3 which is placed in the trigger group . That gives ample room for the BHO. BW20 does use the ejector lever mechanism.
AXEX weapon plz do share details about this projects

Guyanaman1963

@ENDER roller delayed blowback is a very good mechanism and should not end up as a forgotten weapon system . and yes eventually it will be exported the semi Auto versions of BW20 and BW21 designated Cw20 and cw21 respectively

@flybynt thank You glad to be here . I will you you posted as and when some thing comes up

@Blackwing well the 21 does not use the same type of ejector that is used in g3 which is placed in the trigger group . That gives ample room for the BHO. BW20 does use the ejector lever mechanism.
You have done it now!
EVERYONE WILL WANT TO KNOW! :cool::cool::cool:
M.

flybynt

As I am sure you probably already know, a BHO that used the carrier and not the bolt head was done on the HK33 variant built by H&R i.e. the T223,
Also I seem to remember that a builder did a BHO on a semi auto CETME by using the trip lever space as a pivot and a tail that extended into the rear section of the grip frame and protruded slightly behind the trigger box.

I will see if I can dig up info on both designs.
As I remember @Blackwing I think you commented on the homebrew design way back when

Edit:

Look at page page #2-3 for pics as the video link no longer seem to be working.
I expect that his deign could be much improved since it engages the bolt head and will likely over time cause roller dents. It is quite different than that of the T223 which does not eliminate the trip like this design does.
I also expect that the T223 design release lever could be activated by an orthogonal lever extension and could be located in a better position so it has much in common with conventional BHO since you are making your own lowers.

Ahem @ENDER @AGG @Guyanaman1963 forgive the reference TOS 🤬

Last edited:

SalmanAli

these videos are addressing some misconceptions about G3 in Pakistan gun community regarding g3 performance in extremely cold environment so needed to clear that up . g3 is widely used by military however civil market was only recently allowed semi auto G3 .

Last edited by a moderator:

SalmanAli

Pof did work on 556 and 762x39 version of g3 bk in 90s .Pk7 Pk8 and GR3 along with Hk but millitary decided to stick to 762x51 so projects were not followed through . And pof was not really into export at the time
however things have changed now . But I don’t think POF will persue 556 in G3 Platform

AGG

Staff member
Pof did work on 556 and 762x39 version of g3 bk in 90s .Pk7 Pk8 and GR3 along with Hk but millitary decided to stick to 762x51 so projects were not followed through . And pof was not really into export at the time
however things have changed now . But I don’t think POF will persue 556 in G3 Platform

The 5,56 would be popular in the U.S.--- the 7,62x39 could be, as well. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963