What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think high mag capacity bans will ever be reversed?

GmanVP9

I know some states only allow a 10 rd magazine capacity, do you think there is anyway this could ever be reversed?

AGG

Staff member
Its up to the voters in those states. Make support for such bans into political suicide, and the politicians won't support them... Politicians are always tuned into their own professional survival, first, second, and third. The preferences of their constituents are nothing more than the means to ensure that survival.

Agreed--- vote the bums out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Jslow

Contributing member
Vote Republican!!! Keep voting Republican and stop the tyrannical left trying to dismantle and crush our Constitution and American way of life.

Jslow

Contributing member
That’s why we have to vote. In my opinion the President of the United States has two extremely important jobs. 1). Defend the Country! 2). Appoint Supreme Court Justices. If the right President doesn’t appoint the right Justices. We are all screwed for generations!!!!!!!!

HK53King

True, always easier said than done... will be worth it whenever you can make tho.
Freedom has the best taste of it's own indeed.

LEMming

Ultimately, it really needs to be addressed by the US Supreme Court. The only correct ruling should be that it is unconstitutional. Magazine capacity restrictions are an arbitrary and superficial restriction on a constitutional right. They're not based in any quantifiable or measurable fact. Why not 9 rounds? After all, that should be 10% "safer", right?! If not, why not 11 rounds? That should be 10% "more reasonable" while "protecting rights" more than 10rds. It's preposterous. It can only demonstrably affect law-abiding people. I think the angle that needs to be focused on more heavily with this subject is how insidious these laws are towards criminalizing otherwise law-abiding people. Like you have an 11rd mag in one state, take a trip one state over to the wrong state and could potentially go to prison and lose your rights. All over 1 round. The law should not be that arbitrary, vindictive, and punitive over such a small and arbitrary thing. The only corrective measure is to make it so that those laws are never allowed to exist in the future.

It is sort of the same thing when it comes the NFA. 16" rifle barrel legal. 15.99" barrel without a tax stamp? Could be 10yrs in prison and a $250K fine (I'm quoting from memory, so maybe I'm a bit off), oh, and BTW we might send the ATF to Waco you over it. That's horribly abusive and predatory.