What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake “HK Demo Only” listed on Gunbroker

Brobus

Staff member
A few years ago there was a seller on Gunbroker with a user name of “Mr Big Koch”. He and a business partner purchased Bo French’s Red Room collection. They then sold those guns off to various collectors. The sellers then teamed up with Arms Unlimited and started importing rare HKs into the US. “Mr Big Koch” got greedy and started to forge some “HK Demo Only” and “T&E only” HKs. After closely looking at the pictures I have determined that this P7M13 is indeed a FAKE
“HK Demo Only” . A real “HK Demo Only” would have had a 72XXX or 73XXX serial. It would have had a cardboard box instead of a plastic box. The “HK Demo Only” font would be slightly different. It would have been roto engraved instead of laser engraved. It would have silver stenciling instead of tan paint. HK would not have used Knill grips for a demo piece. It would have had a log book stating who It was loaned out to and how many round were shot. Please be aware a bid accordingly if you are interested in this piece.

Brad4065

A few years ago there was a seller on Gunbroker with a user name of “Mr Big Koch”. He and a business partner purchased Bo French’s Red Room collection. They then sold those guns off to various collectors. The sellers then teamed up with Arms Unlimited and started importing rare HKs into the US. “Mr Big Koch” got greedy and started to forge some “HK Demo Only” and “T&E only” HKs. After closely looking at the pictures I have determined that this P7M13 is indeed a FAKE
“HK Demo Only” . A real “HK Demo Only” would have had a 72XXX or 73XXX serial. It would have had a cardboard box instead of a plastic box. The “HK Demo Only” font would be slightly different. It would have been roto engraved instead of laser engraved. It would have silver stenciling instead of tan paint. HK would not have used Knill grips for a demo piece. It would have had a log book stating who It was loaned out to and how many round were shot. Please be aware a bid accordingly if you are interested in this piece.

If I'm not mistaken........isn't he in court on gun charges?

Lamont

Staff member
So, now it's "List of Known Mr. Big Koch Fakes".....Great.
😠

The list of stuff they seized from him is "instructive". What jumped out for me personally was "multiple" (10? 20? Don't recall the exact number) M4 SBR's with "solvent trap" suppressors, none it of course registered as he was never any kind of Licensee, never mind an 07/SOT. IMO those were going to be offered for sale and in the Phoenix area where he lived there's only really one customer for bulk stuff like that. ATF probably knows exactly who he was going to deliver them to. They bust a lot of people buying guns for those customers that never make the news.

The threads might match, but I'd have like to seen some end user's face when he starts cranking full pressure 5.56 rounds through a non-welded component, all aluminum can with possible hole alignment and/or clearance issues. Good fun.

He has multiple counts of illegal manufacture of NFA items against him. It's hard to see how he doesn't end up doing significant time, especially if the US Attorney can present evidence that those items were headed SOTB.