What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First suppressor - 6.5" Form 1 can

drace

I got a few Form 1's back recently, one of them for this can I cooked up after browsing the Form 1 Suppressor boards for a while.

It's a Super Precision Concepts 6.500" Titanium ASR tube, 1.500" OD/ 1.375" ID.
1.500" blast chamber with a machined shoulder to space the baffles off from. SPC 60* dividers (2 HT SS, 6 Ti) with single clips.
YHM's ASR-thread three lug mount.

In my rush to function test it yesterday, I forgot to check POI shift. So I'm due for another range trip soon.

This is my first suppressor, and I think I'm picking up on a reason to start discriminating between "clean" and "dirty" ammunition. Until now, I haven't really noticed any one manufacturer's offerings being exceptionally dirty or clean.

When I was at the range I was shooting WWB 124gr NATO - since it's labeled "NATO," I think I may have been entertaining a notion that it was going to be better quality than your average WWB. I shoot lefty so I got blasted in the face with powder.

Any lefty shooters notice a significant difference between brands (re: debris coming out the ejection port) when shooting suppressed? I'm assuming subsonic rounds won't have nearly as much backblast through the ejection port, but I'll be shooting plenty of supersonic loads through it.

DSC_0047-2.jpg

9001_v4.jpeg

red

Contributing member
Wow, that looks a lot better than I expected a DIY can to look on an HK. I think a little cerakote will make it look as good as any factory can.

I think you've inspired me to research this further, and give it a shot myself. (y)

drace

Wow, that looks a lot better than I expected a DIY can to look on an HK. I think a little cerakote will make it look as good as any factory can.

I think you've inspired me to research this further, and give it a shot myself. (y)
It will absolutely be getting a Cerakote treatment (Graphite Black). Only problem is that I have to surrender it for the 2-4 week turnaround, and I'm not quite ready to let her go yet!

As far as building a can - if I can do it, you can do it. PM me and I'll send you some resources.

drace

Excellent build. ;)
What locking piece are you using? :unsure:

Tony
The one that came with the SP5. (This is a SP5 remark by Mike Otte.) Not sure which one that is. I know it's recommended to swap LP's for suppressing the K-guns - I haven't done much research regarding suppression of the full-size guns. Never had an excuse until now!

AGG

Staff member
The one that came with the SP5. (This is a SP5 remark by Mike Otte.) Not sure which one that is. I know it's recommended to swap LP's for suppressing the K-guns - I haven't done much research regarding suppression of the full-size guns. Never had an excuse until now!

Just curious--- this may be of some value to you: :)

If it is running fine, and you are not planning on full auto, then you should be alright. ;)

Tony

drace

Thanks Tony - was just searching for LP info and came across that chart immediately. Chart doesn't have info on the full-size guns in 9mm, but the anecdotal consensus is to leave it as-is.

I do run full auto quite a bit; I never have to clean the guns or pay for ammo. Only hitch is that it's all over once the alarm clock goes off.

Guyanaman1963

Thanks Tony - was just searching for LP info and came across that chart immediately. Chart doesn't have info on the full-size guns in 9mm, but the anecdotal consensus is to leave it as-is.

I do run full auto quite a bit; I never have to clean the guns or pay for ammo. Only hitch is that it's all over once the alarm clock goes off.
😂 I know what you mean!!!
M.

AGG

Staff member

You're welcome--- dreamer. ;)

Tony