What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK53SD

MSOGDAWG

Soooo, my google fu is weak I guess. I cant find much in the way of an HK53SD beyond airsoft. Is it real? Has it been done? Was it reliable? I get the whole really short barrel, rotation, baffle strike, trying to get subsonic 5.56/.223 ammo discussion. I just wonder if there has been a reliable variant that was made, even if it was just to quiet down standard ammo in an SD looking appearance.

Manofdusk

Soooo, my google fu is weak I guess. I cant find much in the way of an HK53SD beyond airsoft. Is it real? Has it been done? Was it reliable? I get the whole really short barrel, rotation, baffle strike, trying to get subsonic 5.56/.223 ammo discussion. I just wonder if there has been a reliable variant that was made, even if it was just to quiet down standard ammo in an SD looking appearance.
727E1856-A060-46E0-AB5F-220BE73602C7.jpeg
Yes, a 53SD is possible. I built mine without any input from the experts because most were saying it couldn't be done. Good thing I didn't ask them because the one I built runs perfect. I used an RCM 53K barrel, a factory 53 bolt carrier and an RCM #15-65 degree locking piece. I only have 2 suppressors and both are 3 lug 9mm's, one is an old Special Ops Shop Genesis 9 and the other is a Gentech Raptor II 9mm. Neither suppressor makes the 53SD sound like an MP5SD but you don't need hearing protection when you shoot it.
I also built a 51SD and it runs great too.47F73EC5-40D2-44BB-A0ED-F54BEE9D97FB.jpegB4D675CE-1373-4933-AE23-245DF2E5E8F2.jpeg

HK53King

So... No one else does the HK53SD Sexiness?! = too much Pure Sexiness Ha Ha!?
...Thinking about a GSL Multi Cal (.30 cal.+) can, suppose to handle 5.56/.223 with 7.5" bbl. Reckon would need a #7 or even a #8 locking piece? - O boy, here we go with the LP business again lol!
... BUT that would still not be SD level sexiness...😉

HK53King

So no one is currently bringing or has Sexy back, HK53 SD IN 5.56? Yes many say the 5.56 out of a 8.3" bbl is basically not worth it/PIA.... The juice is not worth the squeeze concept.

HK53King

Yes Sir indeed, w/o a fun switch it's just an imitation at best IMHO. Such a simple pleasure but so deprived because of a few criminal scumbags from the 1930's and gutless scared shitbags in government... doom on old NFA and GCA as slavery, must end. 87 years of stupid BS fake law must die.

Manofdusk

Yes Sir indeed, w/o a fun switch it's just an imitation at best IMHO. Such a simple pleasure but so deprived because of a few criminal scumbags from the 1930's and gutless scared shitbags in government... doom on old NFA and GCA as slavery, must end. 87 years of stupid BS fake law must die.
Amen Brother... ALL laws that prohibit or restrict firearms ownership are UNCONSTITUTIONAL PERIOD!