What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Range Trip? When?

Vinz Klortho

I haven't been shootin' in about six months. The price of ammo really has me spooked.
I have less than 5000 rounds of 9mm and 45 combined, just cant bring myself to use any of it.
When my Form 1 finally comes in for the SMG clone I'll probably run 50 rounds thru it just because...
My stock of 223 and 762x51 is much better (thankfully).
I was never a very good shot so it's not like I'm going to get rusty ;).
I fear the best days of this hobby are behind us.

AGG

Staff member
Longer for me--- doesn't sound like you need it anyway. ;)

Tony

MMissile

Yesterday. Zeroing-in the glass on one of my Cobb MCRs. Going again Friday and Sunday. More stuff to sort out.....

ghoulardi

haven't been shooting for about just as long, 6 months, not because I lack the rounds or afraid to shoot the rounds I have.......but it's been cold as a witches' knocker in a brass bra. besides that the Ohio Dept of Natural Resources (ODNR) closes during the winter.......and the indoor ranges, besides being expensive, won't allow rifles calibers above 5.56 and not FMJ and the distance is only 40 yards.

as soon as it warms up, which will be sometime in June, I'll be heading to the ODNR range :D

Last edited:

HotelKilo

I've been shooting since I was little kid (and I'm an old geezer now) but I never really shot a lot (except for my BB and pellet guns). I have a nice little collection and have shot most of them but none of them a whole lot. I went out today and shot my Winchester model 70 in .338 WINMAG and my USP9C.

.338 @150 yds. I feel the need for improvement. This one shakes the shoulder around a little.

.338 6 24.jpg

And the USP9C at 25 yds. My buddy says I'd qualify but I want better.

USP 9C 6 24.jpg

AGG

Staff member
I've been shooting since I was little kid (and I'm an old geezer now) but I never really shot a lot (except for my BB and pellet guns). I have a nice little collection and have shot most of them but none of them a whole lot. I went out today and shot my Winchester model 70 in .338 WINMAG and my USP9C.

.338 @150 yds. I feel the need for improvement. This one shakes the shoulder around a little.

And the USP9C at 25 yds. My buddy says I'd qualify but I want better.

Nice placement on both. ;)

Tony

Jslow

Contributing member
I just went a couple days ago. At this time I only shoot what ammo I can buy. My inventory of ammunition stays put and I do my absolute best not to touch it. Might rotate a couple older boxes to shoot but replace with the amount I just purchased. A few calibers that are still ghostly to find I simply (and unfortunately) don’t take to the range at this time. Gotta vote folks!! And CORRECTLY!!

AGG

Staff member
Last week Friday here in UT... My son came for a visit from MA last week. "Dad...Can I have this gun someday?" "I plan on moving to NH or TX someday..."

Ahhh--- good times. :)
Tell him that you will bequeath it to him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony