What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lead Bullets In My HK USPC 9MM!

seagiant

Hi,
Went shooting today and ran about 50 rds. through my HK.

I cast and reload, for the 9mm cartridge.

The bullet is from an MP Brass 4-cav. Mould 357-135 (heavy) bullet from wheel weights.

After 50 rounds checked the barrel and there was a little lead in the bore but was easily wiped out.

Was wondering if anyone else shoots cast and their experience with HK barrels???
HK 9 Caspian 45.jpg

Tailflash

I've shot a bunch of cast 124 & 115 gr bullets through my USP SD; both round nose and semi-wadcutter. It's been a few years since I've cast these bullets, but the only issue I remember was a bit more smoke when fired due to the brand of alox bullet lubricant I used. I even shot the 124 RN bullets through a MP5 clone on F/A, but there were a few FTFs with that. I don't recall if there was any noticeable fouling in the barrels. I'm interested in those poly-plated lead bullets that I see down range lately, those plated with noticeable red or blue coating of some sort; would like to try these.

Last edited:

seagiant

Hi,
I use a homemade Moly Grease/Beeswax Lube, that works very well, but...

Admittedly it does smoke a little and may not be suitable for indoor ranges.

The good news for me is, that my Gun Club is outdoors so no problem there!

20210104_142854.jpg

Doc44ga

I shoot coated Bullets in all of my HK’s. Never had any issues. Just make sure you clean regularly.

Doc