What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like I'm going to be lonely in here...

MMissile

The title of this thread, truly makes me sad. You obviously know, us males are welcoming to all fellow lovers of all-things HK. 10 years ago, my wife would have been on board. Now, she only shoots 2-3 times a year.

dirtyharriett

Well in hindsight I probably should have worded the title differently. What I really meant was that I just don't think a whole lot of other females are going to be really active in here. I've been in this hobby for almost 20 years and I have yet to meet another female as crazy about this stuff as I am except for my sister and she has to work night and day. I do feel pretty welcome in here and it is beyond greatly appreciated.

I will however say that being in an almost all male hobby is no picnic. You tend to get disrespected and ignored a lot more than you deserve to IMHO. I will admit my mechanical ability is not on par with many members here but I have shot more and owned more firearms than most people in this hobby would believe. I just hate that we are under such attack politically these days. Some of the things they are proposing would bankrupt many of us if we tried to keep all of our stuff. I've been downsizing for some time now in preparation for what might be coming. I've always believed that less is more at times... now I have to truly live it. I still have more than I truly need but man it's hard to give up some of my babies.

AGG

Staff member
Well in hindsight I probably should have worded the title differently.

I will however say that being in an almost all male hobby is no picnic.

Well--- we can always remove this section--- just funnin ya'. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can relate--- try to be a professional, male gigolo. :p

Letzte Runde in MT

Contributing member
Well in hindsight I probably should have worded the title differently. What I really meant was that I just don't think a whole lot of other females are going to be really active in here. I've been in this hobby for almost 20 years and I have yet to meet another female as crazy about this stuff as I am except for my sister and she has to work night and day. I do feel pretty welcome in here and it is beyond greatly appreciated.

I will however say that being in an almost all male hobby is no picnic. You tend to get disrespected and ignored a lot more than you deserve to IMHO. I will admit my mechanical ability is not on par with many members here but I have shot more and owned more firearms than most people in this hobby would believe. I just hate that we are under such attack politically these days. Some of the things they are proposing would bankrupt many of us if we tried to keep all of our stuff. I've been downsizing for some time now in preparation for what might be coming. I've always believed that less is more at times... now I have to truly live it. I still have more than I truly need but man it's hard to give up some of my babies.
I am a man...
So , I inherently will never understand.

My Daughters have brought this same concern to me, being in the military, as a female brings expectations Males are unprepared for.

SubRosa

Hi Harriet,

Indeed, you are a unicorn among HK aficionados. My wife owns a 91 (currently at RDTS in Scottsdale for upgrades) and shoots it better than me.

My 91's (are there really any other calibers?) are already touched by Ralphs' magic, and go out on every shooting day just to reaffirm the jazz one gets from working them.

As you remarked, the list of long-ago HK's parted with generates ennui when I think about them.

S u b R o s a

Letzte Runde in MT

Contributing member
Hi Harriet,

Indeed, you are a unicorn among HK aficionados. My wife owns a 91 (currently at RDTS in Scottsdale for upgrades) and shoots it better than me.
"..."

S u b R o s a
According to my Daughter's, all Women have the capability of outshooting Men.
I guess I can't say shit, when i see her score expert.

andrew1182

My wife has learned to appreciate the HK, LoL

CeJZwyd.jpg

H4B7Gpt.jpg

dirtyharriett

You sir are a lucky man... glad to see your wife appreciates these wonderful toys we love so much.

MMissile

Oh to be young again. My wife did all the car and gun stuff 20-30 years ago. Now, she just ignores my childishness.

AGG

Staff member
Oh to be young again. My wife did all the car and gun stuff 20-30 years ago. Now, she just ignores my childishness.

All guys are children in grown-ups bodies--- that's why we are always ready to do things--- childish things. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

MMissile

There's a big difference between men and toys, and our adult-aged 10 year-olds society.

flybynt

Nice to meet you.
Yes, it is true you are an addict.
I know , as many here do , because I am one to ... welcome to HK Anonymous .
I've been at it so long... I can't remember when I started , but I know I will stop when I die.
Now that I read your post it makes me think...im gonna take my favorites with me to the grave . How is that for addiction?

LEMming

I'm slowly encouraging my wife to get on-board with HK. She's a Walther enthusiast (good taste, so I still win! lol). A P99 gen 2 was her first gun, and she loves it. She's also gone through a PPS and CCP, still looking for the ideal carry gun. Unfortunately, I think a P365 is going to end up being the carry gun that works for her, but she still loves shooting her P99. I'm hoping a P30 or P2000 might work its way in there for her as well. :)