What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like I'm going to be lonely in here...

31ST MEUSOC

I have to say as a firearms instructor I see dumb crap especially to women and it generally pisses me off ! Guys mostly either dont train their wives or girlfriends on fundamentals or how to shoot and every time I see a lady lean backwards drives me nuts. Also I have seen guys making sport of woman like shooting shotguns deliberately not say anything about recoil if anything we have ourselves to blame. Ok ok end rant I hope more women jump into this forum it would be a nice change!

Tightlines49

Nothing good, is cheap.
I have heard it said that “the quality remains long after the cost has been forgotten”.

Don’t hold it against me but, despite my best efforts my wife prefers those G word pistols. And she won’t even consider firing any of my long guns.

Not even the ones that I keep buying for her that I am forced to hang on to.

Tightlines49

Oh to be young again. My wife did all the car and gun stuff 20-30 years ago. Now, she just ignores my childishness.
I guess that I am a lucky man.

My wife tells me often that “we need to go to the range”.

She wasn’t a gun person at all when I met her. Thanks to God and youtube I was able to make her reconsider.

In our time together she has gradually become unable to walk, and now is confined to a wheelchair. Having her own pistol and ccw has empowered her to feel less vulnerable.

I have bought her training, from federal leo trainers, and a lady idpa, ipsc champion.

The German lady trainer was a hoot. She would tell her he’s dead, he’s dead, shoot that one again he is going to sue you for a half mill.

I wish she would acquire a taste for HK, but she has her Glock and knows how to use it.

Tightlines49

I have to say as a firearms instructor I see dumb crap especially to women and it generally pisses me off ! Guys mostly either dont train their wives or girlfriends on fundamentals or how to shoot and every time I see a lady lean backwards drives me nuts. Also I have seen guys making sport of woman like shooting shotguns deliberately not say anything about recoil if anything we have ourselves to blame. Ok ok end rant I hope more women jump into this forum it would be a nice change!
I didn’t want to be the one to teach my wife. It is too important a subject to do haphazardly.

I have heard that ladies make the best students. No John Wayne movies to overcome.

I set her up with a firearms 101 class based on the premise that “I have found a gun in our neighborhood, and now what do I do”.

She needed to know how to check to see if it was loaded, how to properly clear it, and how to utilize it if need be. Pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles, falling block actions, break actions, bolt actions, pump actions, semis you name it.

The trainer brought his firearms and took her through them. During that class another goal was to determine what her ccw hand gun would be.

I think I chose wisely. During her ccw class she was picked first to live fire, and was used as an example for the rest of the class. She out shot most of the guys, and helped the ladies be more confidant.

AGG

Staff member
I have heard it said that “the quality remains long after the cost has been forgotten”.

Don’t hold it against me but, despite my best efforts my wife prefers those G word pistols. And she won’t even consider firing any of my long guns.

Not even the ones that I keep buying for her that I am forced to hang on to.

You are very correct--- if she would just shoot an HK sidearm, then she may change her mind--- as long as she is letting you buy. ;)

Tony

AGG

Staff member
I didn’t want to be the one to teach my wife. It is too important a subject to do haphazardly.

I have heard that ladies make the best students. No John Wayne movies to overcome.

I set her up with a firearms 101 class based on the premise that “I have found a gun in our neighborhood, and now what do I do”.

She needed to know how to check to see if it was loaded, how to properly clear it, and how to utilize it if need be. Pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles, falling block actions, break actions, bolt actions, pump actions, semis you name it.

The trainer brought his firearms and took her through them. During that class another goal was to determine what her ccw hand gun would be.

I think I chose wisely. During her ccw class she was picked first to live fire, and was used as an example for the rest of the class. She out shot most of the guys, and helped the ladies be more confidant.

Excellent idea--- besides, the instructor may have more patience with your wife. ;)
Hopefully, both of you will enjoy a similar hobby. :giggle:

Tony

MMissile

Spouses and significant-others, are the worst teachers. They put unintended/undue mental pressure on their mates. I've seen it, way too many times. Then ya have the yahoos, who have to impress their females with big-bore handguns and shotguns, etc. No better way to make a woman afraid and hate firearms.
And as for my wife hardly shooting anymore, she proves very proficient on the very rare occasions that she does. She just doesn't enjoy my hobbies, anymore. Actually, neither do I.

Tightlines49

Excellent idea--- besides, the instructor may have more patience with your wife. ;)
Hopefully, both of you will enjoy a similar hobby. :giggle:

Tony
The instructor liked my idea, so much so he now offers a ladies only group class to soften the cost for participants vs the by the hour rate that we agreed on.

Neither of us knew what it might actually cost as it was a one off class, and we rolled the dice.

We did it at an indoor range so afterwards there are plenty of models of handguns to lay hands on for those wanting ccw weapons but aren’t sure what they need vs want.

My wife originally thought she wanted a 2” GP100, which I thought “yeah right”. I was eager to get her one though, as I wanted one too, and figured what better way to get it past the minister of sex and finance. If she liked I figured that I would load her up some semi mild .38’s for familiarization and practice. And then keep it loaded with some Lehigh defense angry projectiles.

The instructor said his students find out which handguns are practical for them, and they are more willing and eager to shoot them enough to be proficient. It has also turned those that are against guns because they are intimidated by them into shooting sport fans. He offers it the weekend before he does his ccw classes. He sometimes does one for men as well. The week before allows them to choose and take delivery of their very own handgun to use in class. The range offers a try them all pass along with ammunition for a 1 hr rate for participants. They recoup any loss leaders through handgun sales generated.

AGG

Staff member
The instructor liked my idea, so much so he now offers a ladies only group class to soften the cost for participants vs the by the hour rate that we agreed on.

Neither of us knew what it might actually cost as it was a one off class, and we rolled the dice.

We did it at an indoor range so afterwards there are plenty of models of handguns to lay hands on for those wanting ccw weapons but aren’t sure what they need vs want.

My wife originally thought she wanted a 2” GP100, which I thought “yeah right”. I was eager to get her one though, as I wanted one too, and figured what better way to get it past the minister of sex and finance. If she liked I figured that I would load her up some semi mild .38’s for familiarization and practice. And then keep it loaded with some Lehigh defense angry projectiles.

The instructor said his students find out which handguns are practical for them, and they are more willing and eager to shoot them enough to be proficient. It has also turned those that are against guns because they are intimidated by them into shooting sport fans. He offers it the weekend before he does his ccw classes. He sometimes does one for men as well. The week before allows them to choose and take delivery of their very own handgun to use in class. The range offers a try them all pass along with ammunition for a 1 hr rate for participants. They recoup any loss leaders through handgun sales generated.

Great--- good luck in the endeavor. ;)

Tony

JD-P30LEM

It counts some. What I have yet to meet is another woman who eats, drinks and sleeps this stuff with an unimaginable passion to the point of being totally consumed by it. Then spend over 15 years obsessing over their HK collection and spending well... I don't have to explain this to any serious collector in this forum... we all know what a financial commitment this hobby is. This level of HK obsession I have never seen in another woman and is what I am referring to. Heck even my local male gun hobby friends are no where near as crazy about this stuff as I am... they think I'm nuts. It is an illness that I fear has no cure.
Very admirable. Any husband who also likes HK would be so proud. My bride does like my P30SK.