What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love me some P9 series pistols.

dirtyharriett

I agree it is gorgeous... if I wasn't worried about semi auto taxes I would probably pick up at least two of them.

dirtyharriett

At least the magazines fall under the 11 round count off so you won't get a $200 tax per mag... so no one has to worry about that.

catinthefurnace

prjFigs.jpg

wJB6Shm.jpg

One Combat, and one Target is all I've acquired so far. The SA trigger on the Target is simply incredible.

AGG

Staff member
prjFigs.jpg

wJB6Shm.jpg

One Combat, and one Target is all I've acquired so far. The SA trigger on the Target is simply incredible.

Very nice samples--- the earlier model appears to have the polished blue slide and the serial number underneath the safety lever. :)
Can you tell me: ;)

1. The 2-number date on each (presuming 72 and 76)
2. The importers (presuming not SACO and SACO)

tony

catinthefurnace

Very nice samples--- the earlier model appears to have the polished blue slide and the serial number underneath the safety lever. :)
Can you tell me: ;)

1. The 2-number date on each (presuming 72 and 76)
2. The importers (presuming not SACO and SACO)

tony
Thanks! It's difficult to take good pictures of the shiny blued model. Yes has serial under the safe lever, and on the frame.

1. You nailed it. 72, and 76.
2. The blued 1972 example was imported by TAI Minot, ND. Import marked only on the underside of the slide, just below the barrel (classy). The 1976 target model was imported by SACO. Import marked sprawled along the right side of the slide (gross, but oh well).

6CvjrZF.jpg

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Thanks! It's difficult to take good pictures of the shiny blued model. Yes has serial under the safe lever, and on the frame.

1. You nailed it. 72, and 76.
2. The blued 1972 example was imported by TAI Minot, ND. Import marked only on the underside of the slide, just below the barrel (classy). The 1976 target model was imported by SACO. Import marked sprawled along the right side of the slide (gross, but oh well).

6CvjrZF.jpg

Thanks--- Benet Arms (aka Gold Rush Gun Shop) appears to be the first "true" importer in 1972, followed by SACO in 1972. ;)

Tony

MMissile

I just recently gave my FFL a NIB Benet/P9s. The early guns are a beautiful thing.

MJ1

Years ago I had a .45 target. At a weak moment a man in NJ contacted me about buying one of the four magazines I had and in the end he got the .45 and my P4 set.

What is the market like on these today ?

This was long before I had a decent camera but I might still have a Polaroid of them someplace.

MMissile

Gotta find someone who has owned or shot one [they generally buy one]. It's an amazing pistol, with a small following. I believe these to be the most undervalued firearm HK has ever produced. It's my favorite to shoot, and a mechanical marvel. Many people have issues with the shape of the gun, single-stack, heel-release, etc.

Quality, mechanics, innovation, finishes, and anything that costs money to produce are history. Most people these days are fascinated by all the simple, molded Glock type pistols, so................

P9S suppressed 3.JPG

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
I'm a huge fan of the P9/P9S pistols!

Because one hasn't made an appearance yet...

Excellent SCHnittmodell. 😲
Is there a date/date code on the right frame? :unsure:

Tony

Last edited:

MMissile

Well, I've sold/gifted 6 of my 15 P9-series pistols.
My SG is cool, but just a safe-queen. I have 2 P9's, kinda the same story, and duplicates of others. My FFL's store has been selling them slowly, one by one. Which do ya keep? I got rid of the 45's first.
I should probably keep two for parts.

AGG

Staff member
Well, I've sold/gifted 6 of my 15 P9-series pistols.
My SG is cool, but just a safe-queen. I have 2 P9's, kinda the same story, and duplicates of others. My FFL's store has been selling them slowly, one by one. Which do ya keep? I got rid of the 45's first.
I should probably keep two for parts.

Keep the most collectible. ;)

Tony

MMissile

Tony, I'm shooting my guns. That means I'll have to start using the SG pistol. It looks nearly? unfired, the last time I glanced at it.