What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members' Firearms

Guyanaman1963

A roller lock of a different flavor. Lots of upgrades on this stribog A3. 3-lug, cz corpion mag compatible lower with enhanced bho and mag release, timmeny ar drop in trigger, hb industries folding charging handle and captured stop, 40 degree wedge, acr stock adapter and stock, aimpoint t1 with tango down cover, mlok rail scales, topped off with a b&t shorty qd vertical grip.

I will probably eventually put a different grip on it and ambi saftey lever on it and call it done.

Honestly I lnow its sacralige to say, but it gives my favorite mp5 a run for its money. This is not even close to being the same animal as the S1 stribog at all.

View attachment 8625
Very nice, I like it!
I know absolutely nothing about Stribog’s, but was always a bit curious about them.
M.

flybynt

Very nice, I like it!
I know absolutely nothing about Stribog’s, but was always a bit curious about them.
M.
Stribog factory mags suck and have feed issues, even the latest curved version. I chose CZ Scorpion mags as they have no such issues and are plentiful and inexpensive.

The stribog a3 uses a long pin as a single roller which fits into a notch on the top of the trunnion. It as captured in the forward part of carrier that overlaps the trunnion. The pin is moved up and down i.e. into and out of its locked position in the trunnion as the carrier and wedge assembly move and interface with the trunnion. The grove on the wedge has an angle cut into it which serves the same purpose as LP in a HK.

This assembly is very elegant and robust as it elimates all of the small breakage prone parts in the traditional HK design. Also since its outside of the bolt assembly it remains free of carbon build-up and its easy to lubricate. An upside is if the roller pin wears there is no need for hard to find rollers as a simple hardened pin of the correct diameter can be used as a replacement should the oringinal replacement pins ever become hard to find.

The bolt is integrated into the carrier. Think of it as though it were a very light and mini UMP bolt carrier. It is very robust, and it has a more traditional and easy to replace extractor.

The ejector is fixed into the reciever and does not move for simplicity and reliability. However should it ever become necessary it is also easily replaceable by removing two allen head cap screws.

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

Stribog factory mags suck and have feed issues, even the latest curved version. I chose CZ Scorpion mags as they have no such issues and are plentiful and inexpensive.

The stribog a3 uses a long pin as a single roller which fits into a notch on the top of the trunnion. It as captured in the forward part of carrier that overlaps the trunnion. The pin is moved up and down i.e. into and out of its locked position in the trunnion as the carrier and wedge assembly move and interface with the trunnion. The grove on the wedge has an angle cut into it which serves the same purpose as LP in a HK.

This assembly is very elegant and robust as it elimates all of the small breakage prone parts in the traditional HK design. Also since its outside of the bolt assembly it remains free of carbon build-up and its easy to lubricate. An upside is if the roller pin wears there is no need for hard to find rollers as a simple hardened pin of the correct diameter can be used as a replacement should the oringinal replacement pins ever become hard to find.

The bolt is integrated into the carrier. Think of it as though it were a very light and mini UMP bolt carrier. It is very robust, and it has a more traditional and easy to replace extractor.

The ejector is fixed into the reciever and does not move for simplicity and reliability. However should it ever become necessary it is also easily replaceable by removing two allen head cap screws.
Brother, thanks for that in-depth explanation. You have peaked my curiosity!!!
M.

AGG

Staff member
A roller lock of a different flavor. Lots of upgrades on this stribog A3. 3-lug, cz corpion mag compatible lower with enhanced bho and mag release, timmeny ar drop in trigger, hb industries folding charging handle and captured stop, 40 degree wedge, acr stock adapter and stock, aimpoint t1 with tango down cover, mlok rail scales, topped off with a b&t shorty qd vertical grip.

I will probably eventually put a different grip on it and an ambi saftey lever, maybe a franklin bfs if im feeling froggy and call it done.

Honestly I know it's sacralige to say, but it gives my favorite mp5 a run for its money. This is not even close to being the same animal as the S1 stribog at all.

Very nice. ;)

Tony

DRYHEAT

Had a fun day at the range with the K.
1Hejmqg.jpg

...also took my only remaining Glocks, a 1991 G21 & a 1997 G27 aka: 'Fat Man & 'Little Boy'.
9GzTj4H.jpg

flybynt

Brother, thanks for that in-depth explanation. You have peaked my curiosity!!!
M.
I recently got a 40 degree wedge from overseas/Estonia (the std wedge that ships with guns today is 45 degree). I have yet to shoot it with it installed, but as it sits today with the 45 degree wedge the recoil falls somewhere between a Scorpion Evo and and an mp5 and it's sharper in the felt recoil impulse. I also just ordered a KD Gun Werx 3 stage damper kit, its similar in its concept to the multi-spring/collapsing guide rod found in the HK USP line of pistols to make a variable rate recoil rod assembly.

I am fairly certain these mods will make the gun even softer shooting, my hope however is that these mods will put the felt recoil and impulse on par with my beloved mp5's.

I say this as how I have the gun configured it has a better trigger with familiar ergos, is very well balanced, is lighter, and is easily accessorized without the need for expensive mounts etc, plus I love the way is shoulders and handles.

Last edited:

flybynt

The full length vented rib in conjuntion with that full length under barrel ejector lever shroud make for a sleek package. Personally the 6 inch length is my favorite barrel length on wheelguns. This is such a neat gun with a story to tell i.e. how it made it way overseas and back again! I love the proof marks. It gives the gun charater as is if a colt python needed any 😁

Last edited:

copdoc

I heard discussion moved to wheeled guns so I came back. 👍🏼

3" Burgundian howitzer replica. Some books call them wheeled mortars. Bored from solid bar with powder chamber and made to shoot 3" stones. Some of period were breech loading.

I thought I had posted this but did not see pic.

2016-01-01 11.03.02.jpg