What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mp5 Magazine Reliability

rc51pete

What separates the good magazines from the bad?
There are a few brands that I wouldn’t take if someone gave them to me. What makes them so bad? Feed lips, follower, seating depth?
Can you tune a magazine that doesn’t work very good or has been damaged?
Are there any specs to go by or tips to get a bad magazine to work?
Edit: Let me rephrase this. Most of us know what brands of magazines work. I want to know what makes the bad magazines not work & if they can be tuned to work.

Last edited:

ghoulardi

What separates the good magazines from the bad?
a good mag is one that works, bad mags don't..........it's that simple

and how do you make a bad mag work? it isn't worth the effort or the time and money to try to make it work............just "pony" up the money and get a HK factory mag, it'll only just hurt once

you're welcome :)

UltraFudd

Every MKE mag I’ve got works fine also. HK mags for business, MKE for backup. AC Unity and ETS for goof off range days. Never used the 10 old KCI ones I have, but I put HK followers and springs in them, plus all my mags use US floor plates for 922 happiness.

xsefan

Contributing member
I have had good luck with ac unity. A few people have not. For the price it's a much cheaper gamble! You will have to sand the pad on the front of the mag. This is put in place so they must be fitted to your gun. My mke mag has a little front to back play in my ap5. Its not a problem and it's less movement than ak mags in a wasr! I would worry about Chinese Korean and Pro mag products. Pro mag has good customer service but, you contact them a lot. Korean mag generally will work with some clean up. I think I have a etc mag I have not used it

AGG

Staff member
I have had good luck with ac unity. A few people have not. For the price it's a much cheaper gamble! You will have to sand the pad on the front of the mag. This is put in place so they must be fitted to your gun. My mke mag has a little front to back play in my ap5. Its not a problem and it's less movement than ak mags in a wasr! I would worry about Chinese Korean and Pro mag products. Pro mag has good customer service but, you contact them a lot. Korean mag generally will work with some clean up. I think I have a etc mag I have not used it

Thanks for the evaluation. (y)

Tony