What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My one non-HK rifle that is a substitute for the HK I want but can't get.

Miami_JBT

As I said in my introduction, I have a love/hate relationship with HK. I really don't find the G3/HK91 pattern rifle to be all that interesting as a main infantry line rifle. But I do like the work that HK put into their guns overall and especially loved the work they put into the PSG-1 and MSG90. I sure enjoy my USP pistols in .40 S&W and my SLB 2000 in .30-06 Springfield. And it was my SLB 2000 that made me yearn for another rifle. But how did a HK make me go after this rifle you ask? Well, it is a long story.

I grew up around Browning Shotguns and FN pistols (among GLOCK, S&W, and Remington too) and I know that those Belgians can make a quality piece too. When FN came out with their "tactical" BAR, the FNAR. I fell in love. Back when they were brand new, I worked on the side in a gun shop from my regular fulltime job as a cop. It was basically a way that I scored good deals on used firearms and at the time I was big into getting Pre-1982 S&W Wheel Guns for a steal.

Anyways, we has a FNAR on the store shelves and I played with a a few times. It was a heck of a rifle. But I never pulled the trigger on buying one since at the time I was deep in converting my PS90 into a SBR, getting a FN SLP, and pretty much snagging deals. And when push came to shove. The chance of snagging a FNAR vanished. I kinda forgot about it....

I moved to North Florida and found a great little shop that used to be a HK Dealer. That's where I got my SLB 2000 and loved the hell out of it. It was actually new in the box when I got it. And a couple of years later. That same shop got and estate sale. A FNAR that was brand new in the box, old stock from another shop.

kkaKQI2.jpg

While the FNAR isn't a HK. It sure is a slick rifle. It is on par with something HK would make. Actually, it is on par with something HK does make. Sadly I just can't get my grubby paws on one in the US. Yeah, HK made a .308 target version of the SLB 2000.

1606954978344.png

1606954991897.png

1606955002480.png

1606955011427.png

1606955030260.png

1606955037092.png

Oh well, since I can't have that.... my FNAR will have to do.

Anyone know of how to import a rifle from Europe? The .308 target versions of the SLB 2000s appear to be somewhat common over there.

Anyone have a similar case?

MMissile

I bought one of those FN rifles, when they first came out. Kinda cool/fun, but didn't fit in my main collections. Not sorry I bought it, that's for sure.

Miami_JBT

I bought one of those FN rifles, when they first came out. Kinda cool/fun, but didn't fit in my main collections. Not sorry I bought it, that's for sure.
FN/Browning still makes it. They just sell it under the Browning Label as a the BAR MkIII DBM. They even make a wood stock for it. I'm thinking of ordering one so it matches the SLB 2000.

browning-bar-mk3-dbm-308-winchester-18in-bluedwalnut-semi-automatic-rifle-101-rounds-1618060-1.jpg

My SLB 2000 in the upper right of the group photo.

7G30suQ.jpg