What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from Johannesburg. Seek USP45.

canto

Good Day

My name is AJ. Based in Johannesburg area. I had a USP compact which I sold before I went to work overseas.

I am back in RSA and I seek a HK45 - (not HK45c)

Where could I buy this pistol new?

Last edited:

Tailflash

Greetings from USA (Northern Utah); welcome to this site.
Hope that someone can help you find a local gun shop in the Johannesburg SA area. What are the gun laws like there that allow for someone to purchase/possess a handgun ane/or rifle? Curious as to what other country' laws as to restrictions on guns are; access to guns/ammo/magazines/reloading, etc.
Again, welcome.

AGG

Staff member
Abrie,

Welcome to the site. :)
Good luck on the HK45. ;)
Maybe contact HK GmbH to see if there are any authorized dealers in SA: :unsure:

Global Corporate Headquarters & Primary Manufacturing Center​

HECKLER & KOCH GmbH
Postfach 1329 D-78722
Oberndorf/Neckar Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 74 23 79 -0
Fax: +49 (0) 74 23 79 -23 50
Global Website: www.heckler-koch.com

Tony

Lamont

Staff member
Welcome. Second the motion on contacting Oberndorf to see if they have a dealer in SA.

canto

Greetings from USA (Northern Utah); welcome to this site.
Hope that someone can help you find a local gun shop in the Johannesburg SA area. What are the gun laws like there that allow for someone to purchase/possess a handgun ane/or rifle? Curious as to what other country' laws as to restrictions on guns are; access to guns/ammo/magazines/reloading, etc.
Again, welcome.

Thank you and great to meet you. Citizens are allowed to own semi automatic pistols and rifles under South African gun laws. Gun owner first needs a gun license(issued by police) and competency certificate. Gun competency training needs to be done at gun owner’s cost - fat government. Security companies may own automatic weapons, but face crippling admin. Gun license takes long to obtain(months to sometimes years) - simply because the police admin systems are in shambles and have been since Mandela and his terrorist gang took over. Private citizen caught with unlicensed automatic rifle faces a life sentence in prison(25 years). Exceptions to that are the left wing friends of the government, who can pose with their Chinese AK-47s on social media - no action taken against them. My family is from the Protestant Afrikaner subculture who fled France(French Hugenots) in 1688 and settled in the Cape. We grew up with guns and knifes and I was taught to shoot at age 3, so I consider weapons are part of my identity…Specifically HK

Last edited by a moderator: