What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not So New Toy On It's Way

Hk-USPC-40

The Parker Guitar Parts Fairy came yesterday..
Only a few bits more + The patch
I have an Idea of how to keep the hex head screw from gouging a hole in the nylon trem arm bushing
It's a #10 screw & that = .185" It's a .177" Copper BB
GManMusic Parts.JPG

Hk-USPC-40

Making the patch for the top of the Parker Fly Deluxe from the same wood the body is made from = Yellow Poplar
Ended up buying a plank of Poplar from Home Depot that is 1/4" thick x 2 1/2" wide, The shape towards the bridge is weird so I 1st cut a couple templates from a paper plate & then transferred it to the wood & cut that out with a coping saw. I now have the template attached to the top with Alien Tape to built a stop on the three sides from some flooring scraps in my shop for the router pattern bit which is 1/2" so I used a 1/2" drill guide to draw the rounded corners that the router bit will leave..
Need to get everything setup perfect first & then start the routing of the $2000+ guitar..

My Son's #1 Amp started making a crazy hissing & one of the tubes went microphonic, So He ordered the three tubes from Tube Depot = $60 & are JJ Tubes from the Soviet Union.. I cleaned the amp up & tightened everything up & changed the three tubes = 1-12AX7 & 2-6L6GC & It is now healed like new again.

Here's a few photos I have been documenting the process for a Parker Fly Forum & Just for future reference for others that run into troubles on the expensive & now discontinued instruments, They Sell for $2000-$3000 now days..
The guitar had one loose fret which are CA Glued into place unlike any other guitar = CRAZY $#!+, You tap on each stainless steel fret with something metal which is a micro brass hammer in my case & there was a dead thud on the 1st fret & sure enough it was half loose, To fix you wick thin super glue under the fret 1st & then really fast clamp a 14 degree caul over the fret for 4-5 minutes & then clean up with acetone & a Q-Tip afterwards..
Bought a small Bosh/Colt palm router with five bits at the local pawn shop for $63 & the bits are worth more than that.
That's one of my favorite places to look at guns & guitars + went to high school with the manager.. Poor Girl Her Father Just Passed away & I knew him & worked at a body shop with him..

Patch template II.JPGPA250001.JPGPA250002.JPGPA240006.JPGPoplar Patch.JPGPA240004.JPG
PA250008.JPG
HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Think for the 31st We Will Put a Bowl of Candy on a Chair 1/2 way up the walk & Let my Son play crazy tunes on the guitar & bass
Electric Funeral Black Sabbath, Poison by Alice Cooper etc. Stay Distant but let the little gruels get some FREE Candy..
Break out my #1 Pile O Skulls Jackson Guitar
P5140001.JPG
Not a Guitar Luthier but Play one on TV, I made this guitar & have maybe $75 invested Worth $1000

Hk-USPC-40

I have started routing the top of the Parker Fly for the patch

It's ugly now & my templates keep moving

Need to get it deeper at the end where the strap button goes

Plan on using a tapered shim on each side & making another for the end to match

Haven't vacuumed the mess up & won't till I'm Threw
Will sweep it up with a paint brush & mix that dust with Titebond wood glue as 1st filler
It will be stronger than the wood was itself

The Poplar routs away very easy @ about #3 speed on the Bosch Palm Router

I took 5-6 passes to get it 1/4" Deep & it has a nice flat step for the patch to glue too
It will be stronger afterwards than it was before the break

Need to get some fiberglass body filler & black primer filler

Catch You All Later On
PB030005.JPGPB030006.JPGPB030007.JPG
Poor Parker Fly is starting to take shape.. More To Come..
Gary

Last edited: