What's new

Preban SIG rifles

MMissile

Here is a photo of the neutered to semi SIG 510-4 the first came with the first imported batch to be sent complete to the BATF for approval..!!

View attachment 2037View attachment 2039
Very nice. I had one of those, with the matching serial-numbered bayonet. The optics in those pics, are for a SIG AMT[Dr. Wohler].
I had the only known 510-4 optic setup in the country. The guy who bought my 510, wouldn't spring for the correct optic. It eventually went to another home of a real 510.

MMissile

It's a nickel scope, and a military-prototype mount from Switzerland. The mount was incredible.

MMissile

That was a lot of years, letters, phone-calls, and $$$$$$$$ to assemble my SIG collection. Almost zero was done on the internet. The stuff was almost unobtainable, by then.

I think the internet has ruined collecting....of anything. The fun is the hunt, and stroking a few keys and writing checks can be done by a trained-chimp.

Last edited:

MMissile

Great stuff. Looks familiar from 20 years ago. Hey M....I've still got one of those black bayos. I also have a new Eickhorn AES M9. For some reason, I still have most of my Swiss edged stuff. :unsure:

MMissile

I wish there were a board, where I could sell-off what's left of my Swiss collection. I have no interest in the stuff anymore, and it's in the way. I have lots of shooting medals, awards, uniforms, hats, and gear. All the boards are full of cheap-skates, know it alls, and lots of envious children. Most of my stuff has been sitting/hanging in my gun-room for 20-25 years. My wife has suggested for awhile that I garage-sale and/or Salvation-Army type donations. There are no museums interested in Swiss stuff, and I'm starting to become inclined to agree with her. I could probably write-off the donations. Anybody know where this stuff would sell? The Swiss rifle board [like most others] has changed. It's not better.

Last edited: