What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single claw mount

MSOGDAWG

Hmmmm🤔
Thinkin I may need to make this a project.
A. Buy claw mount
B. Cut down length
C. Grind top down
D. Drill and tap
E. Secure micro dot
Any suggestions from the crew??

And @ENDER Thanks!!

HK12Step

If that doesn’t work, Midway sells it, on back order now, but an option.

MSOGDAWG

New bench grinder in bound!! Been needing one for other things, this lil project pushed me over the edge.

larryccf

Contributing member
Hmmmm🤔
Thinkin I may need to make this a project.
A. Buy claw mount
B. Cut down length
C. Grind top down
D. Drill and tap
E. Secure micro dot
Any suggestions from the crew??

And @ENDER Thanks!!
I don't know if cutting a standard claw mount in half would work - the claw foot on that appears longer than the claw on a standard claw mount., i'd be concerned about the single claw mount pivoting a little (forward or rearward) if it bumps into something and which would change the elevation on your sight.

FWIW

Last edited by a moderator:

larryccf

Contributing member
USMC:
Yeah thats what I am running into.

DO you have any experience working with epoxy & fiberglass?

larryccf

Contributing member
you could fabricate a "fatter" claw, by using a release agent on the reciever, then a pc of saran wrap (to double ensure the epoxy didn't bond to the receiver, and then a small pc of a heavy fiberglass cloth, and then mixing some epoxy with a thickening agent like cabosil, and putting it around the claw. The idea being, the claw would then grown in height and that would help keep it from wanting to being able to pivot and affecting elevation

MSOGDAWG

I had actually been thinking about drilling and tapping the mount with set screws. Once it was mounted I would use an allen wrench tightening the mount by removing any "slack". Then mounting the micro dot. Thoughts?

larryccf

Contributing member
that claw mount already deflects that receiver inwards - i would be concerned about causing FTE or other stoppages with the set screws,

fwiw

HKshooter

I had actually been thinking about drilling and tapping the mount with set screws. Once it was mounted I would use an allen wrench tightening the mount by removing any "slack". Then mounting the micro dot. Thoughts?
This would work fine. You'll never apply enough force with set screws to bend the receiver so have at it.

larryccf

Contributing member
on the CCF Raceframes we offered, the stainless steel frames that folks were using for competetion, when they used mag funnels (to help in speed insertion of a 2nd mag), when they used mag adaptors or funnels, the set screws would cause the grip panels, which were fairly think stainless steel, the grip panels would deflect inward enough to hinder the mags in dropping freely, and we had designed the frames with slightly larger magwells.

FWIW

ghoulardi

I personally don't know why you want a single claw mount, but if you do..........then just buy a low-profile mount and just cut the sections you don't want off it,

Voilà a single claw mount​

you're welome
Glad to be of help :)

Last edited: