What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USP - 200,892 rounds

GmanVP9

From HKs instagram

200,892 The number of rounds shot through this HK USP before it was sent in for repair.

During those 200,892 rounds, no springs were replaced-no recoil spring, no trigger return, springs or anything.

Its impressive, but not surprising that this pistol can take the abuse of allll that ammo, we have minimal end user maintenance, and keep on kickin!
Bottom line: get an HK

AGG

Staff member
Amazing--- that is one of the reasons that I really like the USP. ;)
Should it not have gone another 200,000? :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

MMissile

I shot a USP-40, 5,000 rounds without cleaning it. I finally had to, because I was getting so dirty shooting it. It never hic-cupped.

Deputydave

I'm curious what the needed repair was? If anyone has any further information I'd like to see it.

And this confirms what I've been told before about springs, they don't need to be replaced nearly as often as people think. Years ago I took my (then) off-duty Glock 26 Gen 2.5 to my agency armorer for it's annual check. Since the pistol was 20 years old (at the time) I asked when the springs should be replaced. All the armorers chuckled and the one checking my Glock said, 'Never'. And these were Glock certified armorers. Seeing how some of the agencies G21.3's had 300k rounds and counting they seemed to know what they were talking about.

Hk-USPC-40

From what I can see it's a BG 2016 full size USP 9mm & Heckler & Koch was the poster SO
Hard to Believe, BUT Possible
So that pistol has a quarter of a million + dollars worth of ammo shot threw it
200,892 Rounds of nine-millimeter since 2016 = 5-6 years
I Like My Home Better
A well funded Police Department's Trainer shooting 5 days a week with unlimited FREE ammo to them
Range Gun Maybe BUT Come on
Documenting each & every single round, like 7000 rounds a week HaHaHa!!
1500 rounds per day for six years
It would be trashed beond belief
Hk is that you talking or the liquor?

tenor.gif

Shot that USP Till My Trigger Finger was rubbed clean off
BUT it was worth it, Hk fixed it for FREE
R.jpg
Wonder what this brass is worth?
a12cdfb225189fce06244b9513af3d98.jpg
This is from Last Week

Last edited:

Deputydave

From what I can see it's a BG 2016 full size USP 9mm & Heckler & Koch was the poster SO
Hard to Believe, BUT Possible
So that pistol has a quarter of a million + dollars worth of ammo shot threw it
200,892 Rounds of nine-millimeter since 2016 = 5-6 years
I Like My Home Better
A well funded Police Department's Trainer shooting 5 days a week with unlimited FREE ammo to them
Range Gun Maybe BUT Come on
Documenting each & every single round, like 7000 rounds a week HaHaHa!!
1500 rounds per day for six years
It would be trashed beond belief
Hk is that you talking or the liquor?

View attachment 5742

Shot that USP Till My Trigger Finger was rubbed clean off
BUT it was worth it, Hk fixed it for FREE
View attachment 5740
Wonder what this brass is worth?
View attachment 5741
This is from Last Week

Might have been a range or test pistol. I can see it. I know of two different Sig P365 range pistols that have 100k rounds on them. One was in an article and the other discussed on a private gun forum from one of the former LEO range guys at the shop. Said the P365 is the most popular range pistol they have and it goes out multiple times a day, every day. It's an early P365 so figure it's many four years old or so.

Hk-USPC-40

I too would love to know what they claim broke on that pistol OR Nothing
Could have been the firing fin channel filled with so much crud that it locked up

RetropM

I too would love to know what they claim broke on that pistol OR Nothing
Could have been the firing fin channel filled with so much crud that it locked up
The gun was a test pistol, I believe from Speer ammunition but I admit I am not 100% on that point.

The slide cracked because they didn't replace the recoil spring in 200k rounds, so it was entirely preventable from the standpoint of proper maintenance.

The gun was still functional but obviously needed repair at that point. I think it's very telling that two of the biggest ammo factories in the wild use the USP as a test gun. Remember, Federal had an undamaged USP45 with an insanely high round count (297k+) as well and it's still going after HK gave it a tune-up.

Last edited:

Hk-USPC-40

That puts NEW LIGHT on the Topic
= Info beyond what was given originally

I will never wear my USPs out
= NO WAY with what ammo cost now days

Deputydave

The gun was a test pistol, I believe from Speer ammunition but I admit I am not 100% on that point.

The slide cracked because they didn't replace the recoil spring in 200k rounds, so it was entirely preventable from the standpoint of proper maintenance.

The gun was still functional but obviously needed repair at that point. I think it's very telling that two of the biggest ammo factories in the wild use the USP as a test gun. Remember, Federal had an undamaged USP45 with an insanely high round count (297k+) as well and it's still going after HK gave it a tune-up.

Here is that discussion;

USP45

Deputydave

If you could find a link to an article or discussion on this I’d appreciate it. I’m documenting this info on a few other boards.

RetropM

If you could find a link to an article or discussion on this I’d appreciate it. I’m documenting this info on a few other boards.
HK responded to the original post (the post that started this thread) on their Facebook page when someone asked why the pistol was ultimately sent in and their response was what I posted above, it was sent in due to a crack in the slide. I don't have a link but I am sure if you go through the thread on their page you can still find it.