What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USPc vs. P2000

Deputydave

I have both the USPc and P2000. The USPc is DA/SA and the P2000 is V2 DAO.

With the USPc I have it in 40S&W, 357sig and 9mm, the P2000 is 40S&W and 357sig. I normally would carry either in 40S&W as it's been a favorite caliber of mine since it came out. Having a hard time really deciding which one I'd like to carry if/when wanting to carry a 40S&W. The USPc is just a tad heavier but also a tad smaller. Although the P2000 is a very smooth DAO trigger pull of around 7lbs I also very much like the DA/SA of the USPc. The P2000 does feel better in the hand, like a glove. But that's not to say that the USPc is not a good fit, simply that the P2000 is better.

I've shot both at the range and they are exceptionally accurate. I've also shot the USPc in an Outlaw match and did pleasingly well with it. Better than when I shot using my G19.5FS (which is now my son's pistol and his favorite).

It's just a really tough choice all the way around. But a nice choice to have. Both have night sights, the USPc are brand new.

Guyanaman1963

I have both the USPc and P2000. The USPc is DA/SA and the P2000 is V2 DAO.

With the USPc I have it in 40S&W, 357sig and 9mm, the P2000 is 40S&W and 357sig. I normally would carry either in 40S&W as it's been a favorite caliber of mine since it came out. Having a hard time really deciding which one I'd like to carry if/when wanting to carry a 40S&W. The USPc is just a tad heavier but also a tad smaller. Although the P2000 is a very smooth DAO trigger pull of around 7lbs I also very much like the DA/SA of the USPc. The P2000 does feel better in the hand, like a glove. But that's not to say that the USPc is not a good fit, simply that the P2000 is better.

I've shot both at the range and they are exceptionally accurate. I've also shot the USPc in an Outlaw match and did pleasingly well with it. Better than when I shot using my G19.5FS (which is now my son's pistol and his favorite).

It's just a really tough choice all the way around. But a nice choice to have. Both have night sights, the USPc are brand new.
I’m biased to .45’s but I would carry the USPc .40 without a worry!
M.

MMissile

Both great pistols, but I personally think HK hasn't ever improved upon the USP in variant-1. Too bad they never made a USP-SK.......or single-stack for that matter.

HK USPc carry.jpg

Last edited:

MMissile

I haven't had a better all-around pistol. Very intuitive, accurate, nicely finished....and built like a King-Tiger.

HK12Step

I smell what you’re cookin’ @Deputydave...I too go through this dilemma from time to time, if I should switch out to a P2000, but I always seem to remain with the USPc as my primary EDC. I simply love that gun. Got a couple P2000’s and a few USPc’s because I suck at making choices. Even though my USPc is showing it’s age and marked up a bit (just like me) it always runs like a champ and is in it’s “sweet spot” IMO. I could say the same for the P2000; it’s no slouch, definitely under appreciated and like you said the feel in your hand....See? Now you’ve got me thinking about it again. Thanks. 😜 The easy choice for me is the baseplates...flat or finger rest. I’m a flat baseplate guy EDC. YMMV.

881D23ED-57CA-405C-9988-566C569DE34E.jpeg

9FA89CF3-736B-4597-9ECC-8CA29DFC8FAE.jpeg

Deputydave

It's still a hard choice between the two. Overall, I like the feel of the P2000 better. But I prefer the DA/SA of the USPc better. And just personal preference, I really like the manual safety/de-cocker on the USPc. That's about as safe as a pistol can get. Either would, of course, make an excellent EDC pistol.

Both great pistols, but I personally think HK hasn't ever improved upon the USP in variant-1. Too bad they never made a USP-SK.......or single-stack for that matter.

If HK would come out with a hammer-fired pistol the size and capacity options of the Sig P365 I think it would fly off the shelves. I know I'd be interested in one.

AGG

Staff member
It's still a hard choice between the two. Overall, I like the feel of the P2000 better. But I prefer the DA/SA of the USPc better. And just personal preference, I really like the manual safety/de-cocker on the USPc. That's about as safe as a pistol can get. Either would, of course, make an excellent EDC pistol.

If HK would come out with a hammer-fired pistol the size and capacity options of the Sig P365 I think it would fly off the shelves. I know I'd be interested in one.

Let me ease your mind--- the USPc. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Hk-USPC-40

I know we can all get into caliber wars but the 40 S&W is a top notch caliber..
I do find myself wanting all = 9mm 40 S&W 357 SIG & 45acp..
Sold my 357 SIG AA USPc for three times the buying price & went on with my life with Glocks
Then the two USPc40s showed their heads & my life was changed again..
Still wanting something slimmer & lighter = Glock 43 or SIG P365
A J Frame S&W can't be overlooked either..

Kissin Cousin's
HkUSP40c.JPG

AGG

Staff member
I know we can all get into caliber wars but the 40 S&W is a top notch caliber..
I do find myself wanting all = 9mm 40 S&W 357 SIG & 45acp..
Sold my 357 SIG AA USPc for three times the buying price & went on with my life with Glocks
Then the two USPc40s showed their heads & my life was changed again..
Still wanting something slimmer & lighter = Glock 43 or SIG P365
A J Frame S&W can't be overlooked either..

Kissin Cousin's
View attachment 1474

Very nice--- I like wheel guns myself. ;)

Tony

MMissile

If I were standing in a tool-shed, I couldn't hit a wall with a revolver. I've owned several really cool ones....but they're not for me. My coolest one was a Gen-1 S&W TRR8. Had it for a week.

000_1136.jpg000_1137.jpg

HKshooter

I carried a USPc40 for a few years and only traded it off for a P2000 because the P2000 was just a hair more slim and rounded. It still has that iconic HK look and is a hair more comfortable than the UPSc. Underneath they are the same pistol.
Today I regret trading off that 40 for the P2k. The one thing I didn't like about the P2k is the mag catch on the right side dug into the knuckle of my RH middle finger so after a few mags my finger was very sore. The USPc never did that and was like an old friend that I miss dearly.
Today I CC a P30 but I still long for that USPc. Today they bring foolish money and I'm not a big enough fool to pay it so I'll be sticking with my P30 for the foreseeable future.

Hk-USPC-40

Check Armslist
I saw a few earlier with prices $400+
There are some listed for $1200+ = Crazy prices
I bought two for that & one is a stainless

One day I will have a P2000 or P2000sk in 9/40/357