What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you consider a good grouping?

GmanVP9

There was a discussion on the HK reddit forum where I asked about groupings and this was the reply "Not really. HK (and most defensive gun manufacturers) guns have sights that are very hard to get precise right groupings in, but they're very good at getting on target quickly
Combat sights are meant for quick target acquisition, but not necessarily tiny groups.
Hk specifically is set up for a cover hold which would obscure tiny objects"
https://www.reddit.com/r/HecklerKoch/comments/p50zyj
I was always under the impression you wanted the tightest groupings as possible. Thoughts??

bystok

the factory sights are not bullseye sights and the VP9 is hardly a "bullseye" pistol.....that said, the VP9 is one of the most accurate plastic pistols you will ever shoot.....to get a better understanding of what practical pistol accuracy is all about, I suggest you attend a local IDPA or USPSA match with your HK of choice.....you will leave a better human and a better educated shooter

GmanVP9

the factory sights are not bullseye sights and the VP9 is hardly a "bullseye" pistol.....that said, the VP9 is one of the most accurate plastic pistols you will ever shoot.....to get a better understanding of what practical pistol accuracy is all about, I suggest you attend a local IDPA or USPSA match with your HK of choice.....you will leave a better human and a better educated shooter
But with USPSA aren't you more or less shooting one round into a X sized target?

UltraFudd

That target above is why I like hits vs (speed) time.

At 12 yards you can, with a stock HK and some practice:
1. Pretty much center punch one big hole
2. Do something like the target you see here
3. Be asked whether that was a modified or cylinder bore you used
. . . all depending on the level of skill you possess and how fast the target was punched.

The above target pretty much tells me nothing.

HK12Step

I’m not a target/precision shooter. A good grouping is when the threat is stopped. I made a happy face, not as good as Martin Riggs but I’ll work on it.
3A4851CA-FFC5-4276-BB73-131CDE5DB193.jpeg

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
I’m not a target/precision shooter. A good grouping is when the threat is stopped. I made a happy face, not as good as Martin Riggs but I’ll work on it.

Very nice--- Lethal Weapon was an excellent movie, and that seen was hilarious. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He sleeps with it. ;)

Tony

GmanVP9

So if tight groupings/bulleye shooting isn't the goal, what are some drills you guys do at the range, and when do you walk away happy?