What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is all the P2000 love?

Nra-Life-Member

I have a few of the P2000SK in 9mm and I believe one of the HK knives laying around.. The P2000SK is my carry during the summer. During the winter I beef it up with the USP 45 Compact.

Wondering if anyone knows if the P30 15 Round mags with the base plate for the P30SK will fit the P2000SK without any modifications..

pistolprof

Two more Covid pickups - I liberated these brothers from a fellow Michigander who outfitted both with Trijicon HD night sights and apparently never shot them. Admittedly, I can't shoot LEM for crap - so was very happy to find these V3's.

View attachment 291
I've got the same guns in V3 too, and love them.

ricky_bobby

I love the P2000 although I never really wanted to own one - on paper its great, slightly shorter and more compact than the P30, the frame and grip texture is great (basically the HK45C was modeled after it)

I like it - maybe one will make it in my collection someday - the 2000SK is also a good subcompact choice

mesutozil

Can any of y'all post pictures of under your trigger guard where the magazine release and spring fits in?

Reason I ask is because I just picked up an older P2000, doesn't look to be fired much at all. Magazine release is ridiculously stiff, WAY stiffer than any of my other HKs. Also the magazine release slightly rocks back and forth (left and right) if I put a bit pressure on either side. I peeked under the trigger guard and I have a feeling the spring isn't seated properly, but I'm not certain. Should the spring be all the way IN the frame? Or should it be resting right on the lip of the frame? Mine is the latter, and I feel like the spring didn't go in all the way. I've been trying to find some thin piece of metal so I can try and push it in further, but I can't find anything thin enough lol. I also don't want to mess up the spring.

Edit. Compared it to my USP 45 and the USP 45 placement is the same as the P2000s spring, but the USP mag release is flawless, super easy to activate. Not sure why the P2000's is so stiff, maybe just needs to be broken in more.

Last edited:

LEMming

Can any of y'all post pictures of under your trigger guard where the magazine release and spring fits in?

Reason I ask is because I just picked up an older P2000, doesn't look to be fired much at all. Magazine release is ridiculously stiff, WAY stiffer than any of my other HKs. Also the magazine release slightly rocks back and forth (left and right) if I put a bit pressure on either side. I peeked under the trigger guard and I have a feeling the spring isn't seated properly, but I'm not certain. Should the spring be all the way IN the frame? Or should it be resting right on the lip of the frame? Mine is the latter, and I feel like the spring didn't go in all the way. I've been trying to find some thin piece of metal so I can try and push it in further, but I can't find anything thin enough lol. I also don't want to mess up the spring.

Edit. Compared it to my USP 45 and the USP 45 placement is the same as the P2000s spring, but the USP mag release is flawless, super easy to activate. Not sure why the P2000's is so stiff, maybe just needs to be broken in more.
That spring fitment is normal. It definitely looks odd, as you'd think it would fit nicely in a hole. That said, it's not like there's enough room for the spring to actually move off of that ledge.

Also, the slight side to side play is normal as well.

As far as how stiff it is, only thing I can think of is maybe it's worth replacing your spring. It could be corroded or filled with gunk or debris, but just a guess.

HK12Step

I’d just pop it out and reinstall it, see if that fixes your concern. Better yet, while it’s off, replace it with a 45c release. It is the bee’s knees in my opinion. I do it to all my USPc’s, P2000’s and P2000SK’s. Here’s a couple P2000’s and P2000SK’s with the 45c release.
1F2DB076-4615-425D-A0E0-AEBFB2F49B01.jpeg

mesutozil

That spring fitment is normal. It definitely looks odd, as you'd think it would fit nicely in a hole. That said, it's not like there's enough room for the spring to actually move off of that ledge.

Also, the slight side to side play is normal as well.

As far as how stiff it is, only thing I can think of is maybe it's worth replacing your spring. It could be corroded or filled with gunk or debris, but just a guess.

I’d just pop it out and reinstall it, see if that fixes your concern. Better yet, while it’s off, replace it with a 45c release. It is the bee’s knees in my opinion. I do it to all my USPc’s, P2000’s and P2000SK’s. Here’s a couple P2000’s and P2000SK’s with the 45c release.
View attachment 6959

Appreciate the responses, guys, thanks!

Y'all are right, I should probably just pop it out and check.

@HK12Step in regards to the HK45C release, I actually bought two of them when they came back in stock from a dealer. They have just been sitting in my parts drawer for a while because I was trying to decide which of my USPs to put them on. One might be going on this P2000 now haha.

I should have bought a couple more when they came back in stock for $7 at the HK Webshop but they sold out before I could check out lol.

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
For some reason, the P2000 never grew on me. I got one in 9mm but the mag release kept digging into my middle finger to the point that I avoided handling/shooting it altogether. Finally sold it off to one of the members. I probably had 25-50 rds through it at most.

Its baby brother, the P2000SK is my daily carry. Love that gun.

IMG_3120.jpeg

Haldir

I usually carry the P2000 (during non winter) because in some ways it was more comfortable to conceal carry than the sk. Not sure why.

RetropM

My P2000 is my primary EDC, I absolutely love the gun! Mine is a V2 LEM that I converted 4.1 with a heavy TRS and an HK45c mag release. Not to draw out comparisons but it replaced a G19 and G23 and I haven't looked back since.