What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOOD What's For Dinner

MMissile

Went to Hamtramck and had great Polish food at the Polish-Village-Cafe. Formally, Under The Eagle. My mom's side of the family lived in Hamtramck, 2-3 generations ago. Wonderful food....but not as good as my passed-on family made.

ENDER

Staff member
Went to Hamtramck and had great Polish food at the Polish-Village-Cafe. Formally, Under The Eagle. My mom's side of the family lived in Hamtramck, 2-3 generations ago. Wonderful food....but not as good as my passed-on family made.
Sounds great Mike, I love Polish food. I make a mean golabki myself.

MMissile

That's the weak spot on their menu. The sauce is too ketchupy tasting, otherwise yummy. They have great perogi and potato pancakes, but the pancakes could be finer ground, and thinner. Just how I grew up eating them....

Last edited:

sniperdoc

Contributing member
I really like it. It's different like lamb is different.
I'm simmering it in a tomato based curry sauce for 3 hours, it's going to taste like Indian food. ;)
I made Chicken and Potato Curry braised in a Tomato Sauce a couple of nights ago. It was pretty good, and enough leftovers for lunch the next day!

Vinz Klortho

What about breakfast?
Had three bananas in the counter-top fruit bowl rapidly turning into a bad science experiment so I made banana bread.
Now in the oven smelling up the kitchen nicely.

ENDER

Staff member
What about breakfast?
Had three bananas in the counter-top fruit bowl rapidly turning into a bad science experiment so I made banana bread.
Now in the oven smelling up the kitchen nicely.
Oooooh, that smells good. But not a fan of nuts in it - maybe chocolate chips instead.

MMissile

Had a chicken salad sandwich, on toasted french-bread. I added Swiss cheese and slaw from the local coney. I had some of these for dessert[YUMMY!!]. They're like crack-cocaine. A serving is 38 straws.

Munchies.jpg

Last edited: