What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOOD What's For Dinner

Hk-USPC-40

I Just munched down four chicken breast patties with some Frank's Hot sauce
Fried in Olive Oil with mrs dash + cut up one into a wrap with sour cream & cheese
Still Sweating like I did a workout, Wiping My Brow Aaahhhhh! Yummy

Going to have to loose some weight & stop smoking & cut out salt

Had a Fried Fish Sandwich for Lunch from Moby Dick's BTW

Want a Cigarette, Been smoking for 40+ Years, I have some too..
OK I gave in..

Barn Owl Lover

It's an Italian style pizza mix where you even have to add the yeast in separately from the flour. I found it at a farmer's market the other day.

Valmet

Blue Plate Special at the Hill Cafe, fried chicken, mashed potato’s and green beans. Not fancy, but always consistently good. If you ever find yourself in Richmond, VA- the Hill Cafe is one of the best spots there is.

HK12Step

Black Bottom Cupcakes. Milk is for baby cows, but for these - I make an exception.

View attachment 6016

View attachment 6017
👀👀👀 WOW the Mrs. and kid will definitely want to try those out! Looking up the recipe 😉

I don’t cook on Christmas Eve, so this has been our tradition for years…
B0867C8D-D882-42FB-9A28-487C45A22DB9.jpeg
Tomorrow will be local butcher shop bacon and sausage with eggs, hash browns/bagels, and fruit breakfast. Dinner at the kid’s request is a Prime Rib, baked potato and artichokes. Wash it down with a cheesecake.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

MMissile

Today is the traditional Chinese food deal. I did it with my Grandma, since the 80's. She's been gone for many years now, so Rhonda, my fuzzy-kids and I... continue the tradition. Rhonda will visit her family tomorrow, so I'll eat leftovers from last night's awesome turkey dinner, and today's Chinese. My family puts the "FUN" in dysfunctional.....so, I never see them. I won't play.

Merry Christmas!

MSOGDAWG

Just started a backstrap of a wild hog my oldest boy and my Dad took on a hunt.
In the slow cooker in a barbacoa seasoning with thin sliced taters.

Last night I took center cut chops, carrots, sliced taters and corn on the cob....wrapped em all in the same foil with butter and seasonings cooked slow and low and everybody raved....DAD!! This is a repeater!! 😎😎😉😉
I have always prided myself on cooking, no mom presence in my life growing up (it was sadly better that way, we tried connecting later in life, it was a no go - she had to many demons, she passed a few months back, I cried once - more for the sadness of the whole situation than for missing her - I had not seen her in 16 years, she never met her youngest grandson - I went to make peace with her in person - she couldnt talk but she did squeeze my hand very tightly - have 1 older sister she is very difficult to get along with....I still try for my own peace of mind - she had ZERO input when it came to Mom's arrangements - left it all to me. I figured at first it was selfishness but I now believe Sis was just hurt in her own way and I wont hold that against her - one word - SAD, but time marches on so to that I salute, about face and press forward!!) My parents situation is what has given me the resolve to be the husband and Dad as best as I can be (married 23 years now - 2 GREAT sons!! PERFECT Wife). Dad has always been my rock and benchmark. Anyhow, I like cooking because not only hunting and providing but cooking and providing. OK of the sentimental chatter box. 😂😂

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Just started a backstrap of a wild hog my oldest boy and my Dad took on a hunt.
In the slow cooker in a barbacoa seasoning with thin sliced taters.

Last night I took center cut chops, carrots, sliced taters and corn on the cob....wrapped em all in the same foil with butter and seasonings cooked slow and low and everybody raved....DAD!! This is a repeater!!
I have always prided myself on cooking, no mom presence in my life growing up (it was sadly better that way, we tried connecting later in life, it was a no go - she had to many demons, she passed a few months back, I cried once - more for the sadness of the whole situation than for missing her - I had not seen her in 16 years, she never met her youngest grandson - I went to make peace with her in person - she couldnt talk but she did squeeze my hand very tightly - have 1 older sister she is very difficult to get along with....I still try for my own peace of mind - she had ZERO input when it came to Mom's arrangements - left it all to me. I figured at first it was selfishness but I now believe Sis was just hurt in her own way and I wont hold that against her - one word - SAD, but time marches on so to that I salute, about face and press forward!!) My parents situation is what has given me the resolve to be the husband and Dad as best as I can be (married 23 years now - 2 GREAT sons!! PERFECT Wife). Dad has always been my rock and benchmark. Anyhow, I like cooking because not only hunting and providing but cooking and providing. OK of the sentimental chatter box. 😂😂

Sounds delicious. :)
All families have problems--- you just do the best that you can. ;)
You sound like an awesome dad--- and husband--- family is everything--- make the most of yours. :giggle:

Tony

HK12Step

Gearing up for St. Patrick’s, decided on a little Rueben on marble rye courtesy of ye olde Blackstone tonight.
C0A5CE67-DF94-415E-A0BE-227E6192755C.jpeg
Laugh all you want at my Rolling Rock, but it’s been a staple since my teens and I don’t wanna quit it 😂

AGG

Staff member
Gearing up for St. Patrick’s, decided on a little Rueben on marble rye courtesy of ye olde Blackstone tonight.
Laugh all you want at my Rolling Rock, but it’s been a staple since my teens and I don’t wanna quit it 😂

That looks really good. ;)

Tony