What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOOD What's For Dinner

AGG

Staff member
Happy 4th everyone! Had a little much needed free time so I impulse bought a Masterbuilt…never smoked a day in my life and I have a lot to learn but the ribs actually turned out well, not jaw dropping, but I’ll get there.

Those look great. ;)

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
Yes, as Tony said - those look great. Had to google the Masterbuilt. Look forward to seeing more.

HK12Step

Yes, as Tony said - those look great. Had to google the Masterbuilt. Look forward to seeing more.
A little more, not for dinner but a snack anytime. I love beef jerky, so I figured thanks to the YouTube rabbit hole to smoke my own. Yep, this will be done again. Yum-eee. I think a pork butt will be next and working my way up to a brisket but that might be an expensive mistake if I don’t get it right, but you live only once.
9247F94B-DCD5-41C1-8129-926334A69CD5.jpeg
DB0CE0D3-A3D0-486B-9878-D7BCCF5831E6.jpeg

ED0F3391-599E-44F5-BC2F-BBF9C054A5E9.jpeg
8E25A1B8-F6CC-46B8-876B-7CA63890DFC8.jpeg

AGG

Staff member
A little more, not for dinner but a snack anytime. I love beef jerky, so I figured thanks to the YouTube rabbit hole to smoke my own. Yep, this will be done again. Yum-eee. I think a pork butt will be next and working my way up to a brisket but that might be an expensive mistake if I don’t get it right, but you live only once.

Delicious. ;)

Tony

CIH8240

Lamont

Staff member
Thought I'd start a thread about something important..
WHAT'S FOR DINNER
Do I make a ramen soup & eat an orange or go full on out & really eat some hot dogs with chilli sauce
Possible ham & haverti cheese sandwich.. Hmmmm That Sounds Yummy.. Pork.. Mmmm + paper plate = No Dishes!
I have Diabetes & have to eat on a schedule + take two types of insulin = Humalog & Lantus = Fast & Slow acting. 1:30
Late Lunch & Sugar is 153, 70-130 is within perfect range = 10 units of Humalog + a sandwich
Gotten pretty good at this math game over the last 43 years of Diabetes.
Pictures would be good but I've already ate & did the dishes.. HaHa!! 1:55 now
Is your diabetes Type 1 or Type 2? Because if it's 2 there's a cure everyone is busy ignoring......

Hk-USPC-40

Is your diabetes Type 1 or Type 2? Because if it's 2 there's a cure everyone is busy ignoring......
NO, I have Type 1 diabetes & have for 45 years now...
Insulin shots & testing of blood sugar regularly has kept me around for a long long time
Tell me of the cure for type 2 diabetes if you don't mind sharing Mr. Cranston = The Shadow Knows!

Lamont

Staff member
NO, I have Type 1 diabetes & have for 45 years now...
Insulin shots & testing of blood sugar regularly has kept me around for a long long time
Tell me of the cure for type 2 diabetes if you don't mind sharing Mr. Cranston = The Shadow Knows!
That's too bad....you never had a choice. All the fatty Type 2's did, and they exercise, if I may use that word, that choice everyday.

No, I don't mind. I've cast those pearls many times. Usually a waste of it. Doesn't seem to stop me though, for some reason.

Don't eat carbs. Period. 70% fat, 30% protein. Blood sugar non-existent because the body now uses fat as it's energy source, not carbs/processed carbs/sugar. And all you hear after you tell people that shit is a bunch of excuses why they can't do it. That's why I tend not to repeat myself, it's a waste of time. The speech gets shorter every time I make it. I used to do a data dump because I really did want people to know, because it works just like it should, whereas all the diets don't. But once it sunk in that I can't make people care about themselves unless they already do, I cut it down to bare bones. Those that hear the word and can do it will, off only that much. For the rest it's a waste of time. There's a parallel there for everything else too.

ENDER

Staff member
Did a couple of Wagyu beef NY Strips last week and they were outstanding. So I decided to buy some Wagyu burger patties that were on sale and grilled them up last night. Not so much - tasted a little 'gamey'. Back to the Strips I guess.

waygu.jpg

HK12Step

Bringing dinner back from the graveyard.

Last night was modified Rubens on the Blackstone b/c I had sub rolls in the house and not marble rye:

IMG_8396.jpeg

Tonight we tried something new. Smoked Chicken Bombs. Done in the Masterbuilt with Hickory and Apple chips. They turned out really well, did our own twist on the recipe; prep was the worst part but now that I’ve done it, next time should be much faster.

IMG_8403.jpeg

IMG_8404.jpeg

IMG_8405.jpeg