What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite non-HK or non-Colt AR-15 variants

MMissile

how about a close copy of a STONER 63.

ROBINSON ARMS EXPEDITONRY RIFLE.

RA-M96-EXPEDITIONARY-RIFLE.jpg
I have a couple friends who bought those when they came out. Lots of issues, and returns for work. Only one kept his, as a safe oddity. I almost bit, till they started with issues.

ghoulardi

I have a couple friends who bought those when they came out. Lots of issues, and returns for work. Only one kept his, as a safe oddity. I almost bit, till they started with issues.

what "issues" were that? mine runs like a top, and still does after 21 years......mine was made in 1999 from the serial number HP99002XXX

I mean it was the only rifle out there that wasn't the same-o-same-o. if you seen one AR you've seen them all, throw some aftermarket junk or parts on it, it's still just a boring old AR nothing special ....have a different manufacturer make one, it's still the same-o-same-o boring ho-hum AR...........just with a different name on the mag well.......and priced in the stupid range depends who made it, ie HK, STONER, LMT etc...

MMissile

If I recall, it was something to do with the bolt and or firing pin on both of them. It was a long time ago. I'll ask my FFL tomorrow. He sold and sent them back. I'll bet he remembers.

Barn Owl Lover

Back on the subject of AR-15s, I did look up some of the Knight's Armament AR-10s and AR-15s and they're pretty interesting. I found a video of a SR-25 being fired in full auto and a video of the LMT MARS being fired in full auto and a demo of the fully ambi lower (LWRC also have a similar lower). I'll post them later when I'm done with dinner.

EDIT: Video time:

Last edited:

ghoulardi

If I recall, it was something to do with the bolt and or firing pin on both of them. It was a long time ago. I'll ask my FFL tomorrow. He sold and sent them back. I'll bet he remembers.
OK, I remember that they changed the design of the bolt carrier tail, where the firing pin was located in, from a round style to a slant style........I also remember that if you had the old style bolt to send it to them and they would change it to the new style.

if you bought a later production rife, the ones that had a prefix HP in front of the serial number, that had the updated bolt

Last edited:

Barn Owl Lover

I also have to admit that I like the work that Knight's has done with their enhanced rifle bolts. There's the dual ejector E2 AR-10 bolt and the E3 rounded/strengthened AR-15 bolt. The latter may've influenced the HK433's bolt I saw in a brochure (and why I wish that rifle was shown disassembled).

Barn Owl Lover

Video I found and uploaded to YouTube of the pre-series version of the LMT R20 Rahe vs the IMI/IWI Galil: