What's new

Favorite non-HK or non-Colt AR-15 variants

MMissile

how about a close copy of a STONER 63.

ROBINSON ARMS EXPEDITONRY RIFLE.

I have a couple friends who bought those when they came out. Lots of issues, and returns for work. Only one kept his, as a safe oddity. I almost bit, till they started with issues.

ghoulardi

I have a couple friends who bought those when they came out. Lots of issues, and returns for work. Only one kept his, as a safe oddity. I almost bit, till they started with issues.

what "issues" were that? mine runs like a top, and still does after 21 years......mine was made in 1999 from the serial number HP99002XXX

I mean it was the only rifle out there that wasn't the same-o-same-o. if you seen one AR you've seen them all, throw some aftermarket junk or parts on it, it's still just a boring old AR nothing special ....have a different manufacturer make one, it's still the same-o-same-o boring ho-hum AR...........just with a different name on the mag well.......and priced in the stupid range depends who made it, ie HK, STONER, LMT etc...

MMissile

If I recall, it was something to do with the bolt and or firing pin on both of them. It was a long time ago. I'll ask my FFL tomorrow. He sold and sent them back. I'll bet he remembers.

Barn Owl Lover

Back on the subject of AR-15s, I did look up some of the Knight's Armament AR-10s and AR-15s and they're pretty interesting. I found a video of a SR-25 being fired in full auto and a video of the LMT MARS being fired in full auto and a demo of the fully ambi lower (LWRC also have a similar lower). I'll post them later when I'm done with dinner.

EDIT: Video time:

Last edited:

ghoulardi

If I recall, it was something to do with the bolt and or firing pin on both of them. It was a long time ago. I'll ask my FFL tomorrow. He sold and sent them back. I'll bet he remembers.
OK, I remember that they changed the design of the bolt carrier tail, where the firing pin was located in, from a round style to a slant style........I also remember that if you had the old style bolt to send it to them and they would change it to the new style.

if you bought a later production rife, the ones that had a prefix HP in front of the serial number, that had the updated bolt

Last edited:

Barn Owl Lover

I also have to admit that I like the work that Knight's has done with their enhanced rifle bolts. There's the dual ejector E2 AR-10 bolt and the E3 rounded/strengthened AR-15 bolt. The latter may've influenced the HK433's bolt I saw in a brochure (and why I wish that rifle was shown disassembled).

Barn Owl Lover

Video I found and uploaded to YouTube of the pre-series version of the LMT R20 Rahe vs the IMI/IWI Galil: